Corsair Community

Single fan acting oddly

ashper

Hi all,

Hoping for some input or ideas on a fan issue i'm seeing, video of it right here: [ame]

[/ame]

Bought the case and extra fans in March 2019, worked well initially and now this has cropped up.

All 6 fans are plugged into a commander pro with 3 LED strips attached as well.

I've disconnected and reconnected the fan, issue is persisting.

Ideas?

Cheers

Hi ashper!

I have the exact same question! But in my case it is with a led strip connected to a lighting node pro . I have also disconnected and reconnected the all the strips but it stays the same.

Probably it is something related to ICUE. I have found a temporary fix for me by closing iCUE on startup and with Task Manager and stop all processes that have to due with ICUE.

Then I restart ICUE and the lighting link works fine. But if I shutdown the pc the problem arises again...

The lighting is serial along the path, including both fans/strips and their power hubs (RGB Lighting Hub). I am guessing the rear exhaust fan is last in your chain and so it is the only one showing ill effects. Swap the RGB cable with a fan earlier in the chain (like 1 or 2) and see what happens. If the fan is bad, all the fans after it will either go out or start misbehaving. If the RGB Lighting hub has a bad port, then the new fan at the end of the chain will start doing the same thing while all earlier fans are normal. That will then give you an idea about which part needs to be replaced. I would also start a Corsair Support Ticket as both items should still be under warranty.