Corsair Community

Corsair sabre RGB performance tab

Entityy

So I've been using this mouse for like 1 year and I was just wondering, I saw th e enhance pointer precision option and I have had it enabled since I bought the mouse for some reason. Should I have it enabled? Also, what does angle snapping do?

"Enhance pointer precision" is another name for mouse acceleration where the software will either increase or decrease DPI based on how fast your are moving. People often have strong feelings about this and it can make mouse movements inconsistent. Not probably what you want for 1st person shooter games. On the other hand, if you have been using it for a while, it's going to feel really strange when you take it off and then need to move your arm 12 inches to get the cursor into the upper corner of the monitor. Generally speaking, people working on the desktop who don't have a lot of mouse pad space or have large high resolution monitors may benefit from Pointer precision/acceleration. It's as easy a toggle on/off, so no reason not to experiment and see.

Angle Snapping causes the mouse to stick to more rigid or perhaps better stated as more linear movement lines. This doesn't matter much for moving around the desktop, but if you were working in MS Paint trying to draw a line, angle snapping would help keep you linear. My attempt to free hand draw a line without it would look like a meandering river. I think this one is better left to specific CAD, draw, or other creative programs when you need to do this. Or maybe just that one occasion where you need to do a quick visual edit on something and don't want to look like you had 6 cups of coffee before work.