Corsair Community

switching from h150i to h115i to gain extra fan spot on Core...

78Staff

I posted a bit on this in the Capellix Info thread, but now that I think on it, that thread may not get the traction vs posting a question here in the general thread...

Have the 150i Elite now, but running up against the 6 fan limit of the CoCo - 3 on AIO, and want to add 4 LL 140's - 3 intake up front and one exhaust, which is one over the limit. So I'm considering swapping over to the H115i instead, as the 280mm has 2 fans, leaving four spots avail for adding the LL's.

This is an often asked question, but will I really see any difference/loss in cooling going to the 280 from the 360? Running a Ryzen 3900X with a mild OC, typically 4.3@1.3v. The 150 cools it fine now, and I suspect the 280 will also, but as these Capellix models are new-ish with new fan profiles and pumps, figured I would double check with the collective :).

Typically you can make a 280mm equal a 360 if you run the fans fast enough. On a Ryzen 3000 series it may not matter since those CPUs will all be voltage-temp limited and not watts out or cooler limited. This still leaves the issue of mixing the LL and ML-Elite on the Commander Core, but perhaps having an all 140mm fan set up is desirable.

You can also buy a $4 PWM splitter and pairing two of the fans for speed control. That leaves the RGB problem. You would then need to use a LNP from the new LL fans to separate those into two groups - LL and ML-Elite, but then both groups would behave normally for RGB effects. However, the split between the front LL and rear may not be as appealing.

Swapped in the 280, also moved to front mount where as I had the 360 up top - it's a clean look. Using stock Phantek case fans for now, 2 140's up top exhausting as well as the 140 rear. Will eventually replace with 4... something's. Leaning towards LL's but am open to suggestions if another model would match up. Hopefully the upcoming update makes it a non-issue though.

Honestly imo it seems like a real odd move to come out with these Elite Capellix models and not have a compatible matching fan in the lineup.

Still testing/setting up in below pic, but I like the front mount setup so far...

Man that video card sags... I do have a support for it but it's not in the pic. I was swapping back and forth testing the vertical mount option.

mR0GHZWl.jpg

So you have plan for 4 more 140mm fans? I assume 2 top, 1 rear and 1 front bottom? For the type of fans, if you already consider LL fans then I'd suggest to go with QL fans since: 1) much more RGB, 2) node core instead of node pro (1 box instead of 2), 3) you use them as case fans.

Though IMO it would be weird if you have another fans on the front bottom because you use pull configuration and you can only see 1 fan from the front. For the top and rear I'd install 120mm fans so that all spots can be populated (for aesthetic purpose).

I have Phanteks Evolv X and it has the same fan/ radiator configuration as P600S and this is the configuration I use:

http://https//i.imgur.com/a/t77wVn9.jpg

H115i, 3 ML140 front (push pull AIO + 1 additional on the bottom front), 3 LL120 fans top exhaust, and 1 LL120 rear exhaust

20201104_180021.thumb.jpg.9fce493108f08c45bc0c0a621f58d07e.jpg

Edited by pontageek

Well i had a long post I though I put up yesterday, but I guess I didn't submit it... or I typed a bad word and it got whacked :).

Short version is I am leaning towards going back to the 360 up top. 280 up front actually runs several degrees hotter under encoding loads, which is surprising. Also pontageek's notes above about fan views in front are valid, plus I prefer pulling exhaust up top vs pulling intake in front. Going to mull it over some and decide one way or another b4 I order any more fans ;)