Corsair Community

h115i rgb platnium can't cool a 10600k?

Mitlar

I'm not sure, if my cooler is defective but a 280mm radiator can't cool my 10600k properly. Within one second of small FFT in prime95 the temps instantly jump to 95 even at 100% fan load. maximum voltage was 1.35V

Coolant went to 32. from 30. Is there a way I can check if the block is properly attached to the cpu because it looks like it is but im not sure but the temps are bad. The idle temps are good however at like 37-45 not sure if that's actually good, but yeah.

Physical inspection of the cold plate now that the TIM has spread (or not) would reveal if you were in good contact. However, given your idle temps are within spec for that coolant temperature, you likely are OK. If you have a contact issue, everything becomes untenable from browsing to music to MS Word and actual load will end things almost immediately. 2 seconds of anything won't change your coolant, but if it went up 2C in that moment, it also suggests heat was transferred.

1.35v is not an unreasonable voltage for a 10 series, but it is most likely this is a reflection of Prime Small FFT and not something else. Using that as a test for anything except binning CPUs in 30 seconds is probably not a great evaluation of the system. Regardless, if you get a bad result with one test, use another test to compare. Poor contact will impossible on everything, whereas you should see some differences between the various stress tests. Try something mild like the stress test in CPU-Z (bench tab). I see +38C over coolant on a 10900K at the same voltage, which would put you around 68-70C. It's linear and a good cooling system evaluator as you can see the CPU go +1C with the coolant changes.

Also, make sure the Vcore is really at the intended level. What you set in the BIOS will not be what you get during Prime or most other stress tests.