Corsair Community

Corsair k100 G Key Text Setup

Meusli

Hello,

I have recently converted from a Logitech keyboard where the G key assignment was quite straight forward. Assign the script/key presses to the G key you require then press the G key and voila. I have tried something similar with the iCue software but gety no output whatsoever.

I have tried setting it up with just an "a" to see if its multiple keystrokes but it does not work with that. Under it all it says"hardware actions need to be saved to the device..." I have pressed the "save to library" button and then saved it to onboard profiles and still no luck.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong?

Capture.thumb.PNG.31d455f997e14fc2912feaa52b11fa16.PNG

Are you trying to save the text command to the keyboard for use without CUE running? If not, you are setting up the command in the wrong place. It should work normally in the "Actions" section and it is as simple as creating it and assigning it to one of the G-keys.

For saving it to the keyboard for non-software state use, it should work as well. However, there seem to be some save to device issues on the K100 and I am having a hard time saving anything at this point. In spite of that, it should work which makes me wonder about the save process. The K100 is different than the other onboard capable KBs in how it stores stuff.

Hi c-attack

I am trying to assigning simple text to the G keys by eityher the icue setup software or the record a macro with the wheel but neither is working. I can understand getting the software wrong as its not very clear what saved to device actually means, but assinging the letter "a" to the G1 key via the macro recorder on the keyboard does nothing either.

My end game is to put my email address on one of the keys so it types it out in forms because I am a lazy boy. :)

Make sure you are in the "Actions" tab, not the Hardware Actions. That is for saving information to the keyboard directly and will not work when CUE is running. The normal Actions tab is for software active effects. I am assuming you want these to work with the software running.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/6222/ai71944jhkms7e76g.jpg

This should be become active instantly after assigning it to a key. No saving required and that happens automatically. Also nothing wrong with using the G-keys for mundane repetitive text. That is one thing I use them for all the time and should do more with it.

myname@outlook.com myname@outlook.com myname@outlook.com

• Confused 1