Corsair Community

extra cables for PSU

Palladini

I have bought a Desktop computer and it has a RM Series™ RM650 — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold SATA.

I plan to put cards in the expansion ports on the Motherboard, that require SATA power to work. I have two cards that will need that

Is there any way to extra cables that plug into this PSU to power these cards. If these extra cables are thing that be had please provide link where I could buy them.

• Corsair Employees
I have bought a Desktop computer and it has a RM Series™ RM650 — 650 Watt 80 PLUS® Gold SATA.

I plan to put cards in the expansion ports on the Motherboard, that require SATA power to work. I have two cards that will need that

Is there any way to extra cables that plug into this PSU to power these cards. If these extra cables are thing that be had please provide link where I could buy them.

The builder did not provide you the extra cables? Contact whomever built the PC and ask them to give you the cables that came with your PSU.

Otherwise, you'll have to pay for them:

https://www.amazon.com/COMeap-Drive-Adapter-Corsair-Modular/dp/B08CSJ9169/ref=asc_df_B08CSJ9169/

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Ribbon-Style-SATA-Cable-with-4-Connectors%2C-Type-3-%28700mm%29/p/CP-8920116

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Power-Supplies/Ribbon-Style-SATA-Cable-with-4-Connectors%2C-Type-3-%28850mm%29/p/CP-8920113

There's also quite a few of them on eBay.

I have no yet picked this computer up from the Company here in Town making it. It will be made this week, if they can get the parts in. I am only being proactive in getting the stuff I need to get this computer up and running the day it arrives.

They are selling me a complete computer in a fractal case with latest Intel CPU, on a AsRock H470 Phantom Gaming 4 with an 8 GB Graphics card,

But I am installing, once it comes home, in the Expansion Ports on the Motherboard a Firewire card, a surround sound card and a USB expansion card, that last one because the new Motherboard only has 4 USB ports on it and my old desktop had 8 and I still used a USB extension, it plugged into a USB port and you could plug 4 USB Devices into it.

But in my ebay purchases, I thought I needed to run SATA Power to the USB Expansion, but after rereading the add, I see it provides power if needed, it does not need power, but I bookmarked the pages you sent the links for, because I have 4 HDD and 1 SSD to put in this case when I get it, and I just might need more cables.

But do not get me wrong, the day I pick it up I want all the extra cables from the PSU, the DVD the Motherboard came with, everything they have on this computer.

• Corsair Employees
I have no yet picked this computer up from the Company here in Town making it. It will be made this week, if they can get the parts in. I am only being proactive in getting the stuff I need to get this computer up and running the day it arrives.

They are selling me a complete computer in a fractal case with latest Intel CPU, on a AsRock H470 Phantom Gaming 4 with an 8 GB Graphics card,

But I am installing, once it comes home, in the Expansion Ports on the Motherboard a Firewire card, a surround sound card and a USB expansion card, that last one because the new Motherboard only has 4 USB ports on it and my old desktop had 8 and I still used a USB extension, it plugged into a USB port and you could plug 4 USB Devices into it.

But in my ebay purchases, I thought I needed to run SATA Power to the USB Expansion, but after rereading the add, I see it provides power if needed, it does not need power, but I bookmarked the pages you sent the links for, because I have 4 HDD and 1 SSD to put in this case when I get it, and I just might need more cables.

But do not get me wrong, the day I pick it up I want all the extra cables from the PSU, the DVD the Motherboard came with, everything they have on this computer.

Then you should be fine.

USB cards use a bit of power for some devices, the Firewire card may or may not use power. The RM650 has lots of 5V and 12V so it's not a problem.

I have lots of Firewire hardware myself.