Corsair Community

Request: iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX - Lower RPM (< 2000 RPM) for Quiet Profile via Firmware

do you guys think its all of them or we can return the ones we have and see if a newer one doesnt make the noise.

I think its all of them, dont think getting a different one will make a difference. I might actually keep mine. Even thou I find the noise irritating. I like the other things with the aio ... I just got mine and it sounds similar to all the others I have heard. And I have taken it on and off the bracket about 6 times. Even got rubber washers on the nuts of the amd socket.

If they would allow us to set the pump speed to say 1500 that would probably help alot.

Which one did you go for? X63 or Z63? How's the noise? :)

I went with the X63 rgb, which was the same price as the H115i. I have it set to stay at 1800 rpm unless the liquid starts heating up a lot, and I can't hear it at all. At 2000 rpm I can start to hear it, and at 2200 it is noticeable. No issues with CAM so far, I set fan speeds and closed it.

I think its all of them, dont think getting a different one will make a difference. I might actually keep mine. Even thou I find the noise irritating. I like the other things with the aio ... I just got mine and it sounds similar to all the others I have heard. And I have taken it on and off the bracket about 6 times. Even got rubber washers on the nuts of the amd socket.

If they would allow us to set the pump speed to say 1500 that would probably help alot.

Agreed. The idea of a pump spinning at 2200 rpm while the computer is idle seems silly to me...and I question how it didn't occur to anyone during the process of bringing this to market that this was going to be an issue.

Sound aside, I still think the H115i is a better deal than the Kraken if you include the commander and the value of iCue. Hopefully they fix the pump issue in a future revision.

Sound aside, I still think the H115i is a better deal than the Kraken if you include the commander and the value of iCue. Hopefully they fix the pump issue in a future revision.

ya I totally agree, the h150i is a better deal then the phanteks glacier one, ie commander core and rgb fans.

I actually decided I dont want to listen to the whine of the pump whenever I use my computer and I went with the phanteks.

ya I totally agree, the h150i is a better deal then the phanteks glacier one, ie commander core and rgb fans.

I actually decided I dont want to listen to the whine of the pump whenever I use my computer and I went with the phanteks.

How is the Phanteks? I’ve been considering that one to replace my Capellix.

How is the Phanteks? I’ve been considering that one to replace my Capellix.

FWIW I am looking at the Fractal Celsius+ Prisma series. It's an interesting design with a PWM fan hub and an ARGB LED hub mounted to the end of the rad. Asetek Gen-6 pump.

Does anyone else have this issue when the PC is sleeping and this AIO randomly puts the fans on blast for say 10 secs and then shuts it off. This AIO looks great in my case buts its a nightmare in every way. Edited by jerseykid80

I added some rubber washers/dampeners to the AM4 screw mounts. I can't tell if it's made much difference, maybe 10% reduction in the hum but I could be imagining it.

Poking the screws with a screwdriver definitetly makes a difference though, the resonance is completely aborbed. It's just hard to make that happen automatically! I was trying to find competely rubberised AM4 mounting kits, but haven't had much luck yet.

I've replaced my icue H100i Elite Cappelix with a Noctua NH-D15S Chromax now. The pc is silent and the cpu temperature is just as good. Does not look that sexy though :(

So...what to do with the AIO? Not sure I can return it since it has been used.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just been musing potential replacements. Anyone know if there is anything to be aware of if leaving the Corsair eco-system for an RGB AIO? I've currently got 7 fans routed through Commander Core, Commander Pro, RGB Hub and a Lightning Node Pro (it's a mess! not proud of the cable management in the back side of my case. :S Probabaly don't actually need the lighting node or RGB Hub now though...).

if I got another (non-Corsair) AIO, would I still be able to use the Commander Core for its RGB hub functionality for the fans? Any likelihood of iCUE throwing a fit over a missing Corsair pump, or another RGB software running at the same time?

Had Elite Cappelix AIO in version 280mm - H115i.

Unfortunately I am able to easily hear the pump noise in all profiles. Silent profile with 2200 RPM is a joke. All rest of the market is based on Asetek Pumps and they can be controlled with range around 1000 to almost 3000 RPMs. Typically with those pumps below 2000 is silent, below 1800 is almost inaudible. Old Corsair PRO used Asetek pump.

So this is almost no free market because of Asetek patents war against other AIO makers, CoolIT somehow managed to release own products. NZXT uses Asetek pumps but hidden in the radiator.

And there is own EKWB designed pump with more powerful electromagnet operating in range 800 to 2600 (more or less if I remember correctly) I am using right now.

Dead silent below 1700 RPM, silent below 2000 RPM. RGB is very nice, much more pretty than pre cappelix Corsairs, however can't be matched in terms of nice-looking design with Cappelix.

However - I can't stand Cappelix pump noise :(

So for now I have choosed EKWB AIO.

The Pump in Cappelix cannot be lowered below 2200 RPM even via firmware - that is Corsair statement. We dont now if this is actually true.

There is small chance that they will use Asetek pump again UNLESS - unless users will be compaling in great numbers.

Hearing is very subjective thing. So "I am not hearing anything" is not any kind of proof that the pump is audible or not.

Please use FFT installed application - even on smartphone and do the measurements (spectrogram) if you want to compare how something sounds.

I dod such graphs for few AIOs and Corsair is intrusive with its sound, EK is the top quiet for now.

I wish either EK looks like Cappelix or Cappelix uses Asetek Pump, no chance to use EKWB pump for sure.

PS.I like Corsair ecosystem, I own Corsair 680x and 8 QL140 fans but a Cappelix pump noise is too much.

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by xoresiesi

Totally agree, it's really annoying. Why go back in quality, instead of forward (previous H115i had an actual silent rpm setting)? Yes, the 2200rpm "silent" preset is worse than the medium setting, because the pitch/tone of the pump is more noticeable. Being able to run the pump at around 1300-1700rpm, then you have a completely silent system, and the difference in CPU temperature is negligible.

Corsair, where are you? Any response? You are going to loose costumers, if you keep ignoring these kinds of basic concerns.

Edited by mac_31

For now I've resorted to "drowning" the pump noise with the front and top fans. I'm not getting them to a super super high RPM, mind you, but just enough to mask the pump. Pretty ridiculous for one of their top tier products though.

I'm this close to pulling the trigger on a Kraken Z73 though, I'm just debating whether or not it's worth having CAM along with iCue (I'd still keep the M140s on my case).

I hope Corsair can respond, still waiting for a firmware update.

OR send us an upgraded AM4 mounting bracket. I have a feeling that's the biggest factor in the noise, apart from the high RPM.

Edited by A_User

ok so previously I had a 10600K. Recently switched out to a Ryzen 5600X so now I am using the AM4 bracket. On Quiet mode I cannot hear the pump at all. It's a very very quiet hum similar to other pumps out there. (including other Corsair AIOs). However using Balanced or Extreme is not an option due to noise. I've always used Quiet anyway.

I'd say having 4 anchor points for the AM4 slot will help for sure versus the two used today, at least for this pump design. Further, having a lower RPM option would be interesting, but I've seen Corsair say that this particular pump doesn't support that.

In any case I'm happy to leave it on Quiet but Corsair definitely has some work to do on the pump speeds and the AM4 bracket.

Please Provide Firmware update to have the elite line of PUMP to spin lower than 2200 RPM. It is way too loud for normal pc usage.

I have found that Platinum line of AIOs also had this issue and was fixed via firmware update - link below

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=182257&highlight=corsair+platinum+pump&page=3

As a reference H150I Pro RGB (Asetek pump) which I also own have quiet profile of 1100 RPM which is silent.

thank you.

I can only give you mi experience with my h115i Pro and my remarks for a next gen AIO.

At its "quiet" mode, the pump goes at 1100RPM

That turns out to be absolutely insufficient for a modern AMD CPU even while using Liquid Metal.

The problem with 1100RPM is that the water doesn't flow fast enough so the coolant gets hotter with CPU spikes and different loads ranging from 10% to 100%

At 100% usage the CPU temp shuts way too high way too fast.

My conclusion: At least with this pump design, 1100RPM is absolutely and irrevocably useless, hence Corsair made the new "Silent" to be 2200RPM.

Perhaps your PC is open, or too close, or the pump in the new capellix is noisier.

My h115i Pro pump in "balanced" mode (2100RPM) is certainly very quiet so is almost inaudible at circa 2m from my H500M PC.

At full speed I can say is not pleasant. Also not needed cause the temp difference between balance and extreme is 2c during full load.

What we need for the next gen AIO is finally (please!) a powerful pump that has a bigger/beefier impeller that rotates slower, generating less whine, while providing 2X or 3X the flow rate.

I would even pay USD250 for a corsair AIO with these characteristics + a nice screen with 8MB of video memory (gif) on the block (again, please!)

You could make a USD180 variant that contains no fans or RGB controller for those who already have fancy LL or QL corsair fans. (sucks to upgrade AIO and pay for new fans you will never use)

Edited by Sacco Belmonte

I said it before. Talking regarding sound perception via the words is like talking to somebody blind about the picture. It is RELATIVE.

You have to accept that somebody has different "hearing" (perception + Physiology) OR share the spectrogram analysis after FFT

example:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c5/Spectrogram-19thC.png

I did it for Corsair H115i Cappelix on Z390. I have tried also on AM4 - the same results.

EKWB is MUCH MUCH more quiet. 1100rpm is nonsense for AiO. However values around 1700RPM are totally acceptable.

We have 3 pumps on the market (to remind you)

Asetek (silent for all users)

CoolIT (silent for some, not silent for others)

EKWB (silent for all users).

EKWB is doing only EKWB equipment.

Unless next generation of Corsair AiOs - this wont change on CoolIT as it seems.

Options:

1) Choose EKWB or Asetek based AiO (I can set RPM from 400 to 2600 on EKWB) however - it is not as super cool looking as Corsair Cappelix...

2) Wait until MAYBE, maybe Corsair will chose Asetek again for next-gen.

3) Accept Cappelix as it is.

Well, I did it. Ended up replacing my H150i Capellix with a Kraken Z73. Pretty big difference in terms of noise levels, even in its "performance" pump profile, the Z73 is quieter than the Capellix in its Silent mode. Edited by fabianc

I signed up specifically for this forum to ask a question about why my new H150i pump is so loud, even in quiet mode, and stumbled across this thread.

It's too loud, Corsair! This isn't bubble noises or a hardware fault, it's simply the sound of the pump. I have 7 fans in my chassis running on quiet, and all I can hear is the pump which is also set to quiet. It's extremely distracting. Is there likely to be a firmware update to fix this, or should I swap it for something else?

• Like 1

Signed up today for the same problem. The H150i Elite Capellix works absolutely fine, very thermal capable but this noise is really frustrating. Is only 1 day that I have it running, but even when I'm wearing the headphones I can hear it. Is not that laud the noise, but is the pitch that make it really noticeable. I understand that when under load can produce noise, I accept that, but when I'm just in idle should be silent. Is not my first AIO system, other can lower the RPM to acceptable values.

Corsair, please, I don't ask to reduce it to 800RPM but 1800 probably is enough instead of 2200.

I'm tempted to switch to Kraken Z73 or go with Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora 360 (currently out of stock).

Yes I have limited time to make a return and it's unacceptably loud. Unless I have music or headphones on I can hear it - it makes sitting at my desk simply working very annoying. I'm used to noise, my PCs have never been particularly quiet, but this particular whiny hum is much too grating.

I have the H115i and my cooler runs very low as the 750D has extreme fan cooling too

In short all fans are at idle almost all the time even when play Halo at 4K