Corsair Community

AMD Ryzen 3900x and Corsair LPX BSOD

theGoldenD0nut

Hi All,

New to the forum, happy to meet you all.

I have the following KIT of memory - CMK64GX4M2E3200C16. I've been recently getting hard BSOD crashes to the point where the lovely blue screen doesn't stay up long enough to view the error nor do I get a dump file.

This either with XMP/DOCP (Asus) on the memory or completely stock BIOS settings.

At this point in time I'm now testing each individual RAM stick, further testing will be happening but it looks like one the sticks is causing the issue.

I've come to this conclusion by utilizing the same slot on the motherboard, completely stock BIOS settings, testing a single RAM stick having it crash over and over, then switching over to the second RAM stick with no failures for 4 days straight.

Workload Background Info:

I'm a software engineer so as I work on multiple projects at a time with virtual machines my RAM usage will slowly climb, easily getting up and past 32GB of memory.

As it stands with testing each individual stick when I get to a certain memory threshold of the 32GB stick and running quite intensive memory tasks it seems to do like an OOM type of crash and just die.

Specifications Background:

AMD Ryzen 3900x

ASUS Pro X-570 ACE

AMD Asus Tuff 5600xt

Testing Methods

XMP

1. Stress Testing with AIDA64, MEMTEST, Prime95. Each ran for 4-5 hours, No crashes

2. Switching RAM Sticks Around

3. Did try different RAM voltages (1.35 - 1.4)

Stock

1. Stress Testing with AIDA64, MEMTEST, Prime95. Each ran for 4-5 hours, No crashes

2. Switching RAM Sticks Around

3. Did try different RAM voltages (1.35 - 1.4)

Updates/Drivers/BIOS

Updated BIOS to Latest

Chipset is to Latest

Other Drivers up to Date

Windows 10 Up to Date

No Overclock on CPU

Questions

1. People's experience with this memory? Is there tricks to getting it stable, are there other voltages I should try changing on the CPU and motherboard outside of memory

2. Continuing testing, if I can narrow it down to being a single stick causing these issues, what are my chances on getting RMA/warranty?

3. Really any other guidance or help, especially with getting crash info, like I said it crashes so fast I don't get to see the error or get a DMP file.

Thanks,

theGoldenD0nut

Hi All,

New to the forum, happy to meet you all.

I have the following KIT of memory - CMK64GX4M2E3200C16. I've been recently getting hard BSOD crashes to the point where the lovely blue screen doesn't stay up long enough to view the error nor do I get a dump file.

This either with XMP/DOCP (Asus) on the memory or completely stock BIOS settings.

At this point in time I'm now testing each individual RAM stick, further testing will be happening but it looks like one the sticks is causing the issue.

I've come to this conclusion by utilizing the same slot on the motherboard, completely stock BIOS settings, testing a single RAM stick having it crash over and over, then switching over to the second RAM stick with no failures for 4 days straight.

...trimmed quote...

Thanks,

theGoldenD0nut

Sounds like you got a bad stick. RMA/warranty seems to be the route to go. If you got the kit at a local store you might be able to get an exchange.

Your motherboard supports ECC and your are doing stuff with multiple VM's with intensive memory tasks so you might consider that.

Edited by A Computer Guy