Corsair Community

Virtuoso SE White noise/static noise

Hello! This is my first post on the forum, so I hope I've created this in the right place with enough information.

(Note: This issue only arose when I installed iCUE, I hadn't had this issue prior. This issue also happens on both wired and wireless modes)

I've been having a small (though noticeable) issue with my Virtuoso SE-- whenever there is no sound playing, there is a small amount of white noise in the background, which is nearly unnoticeable. However, when a sound is played, it'll get significantly louder. For example, if I were to play the Windows Notification sound, I'd be able to hear it quite loud for a little while afterwards. This causes issues when quiet sounds are playing, like footsteps, as the noise essentially cancels it out.

I've been looking around for solutions, tried a couple (such as uninstalling drivers and iCUE completely, then reinstalling everything, trying a different device, trying a different USB port, updating firmware and installing the iCUE SLIPSTREAM Beta, none of which helped unfortunately.) I was wondering if there are any other solutions I could try or potential causes.

Let me know if I need to provide any more information, any help is appreciated :)

• 1 month later...
Hi Flioghty,

Did you get this sorted in the end? I'm having the same issue unfortunately..

No, the issue hasn’t been resolved unfortunately. I’m still in contact with Corsair who are trying to identify the issue, so for now I’ve been told to just keep iCUE removed from my PC. At the minute, uninstalling iCUE appears to alleviate the issue completely for some reason, on my end anyway.

• 3 months later...
No, the issue hasn’t been resolved unfortunately. I’m still in contact with Corsair who are trying to identify the issue, so for now I’ve been told to just keep iCUE removed from my PC. At the minute, uninstalling iCUE appears to alleviate the issue completely for some reason, on my end anyway.

This was posted 12-16-2020-

Today is 03 16 2020. YET No fix at all for this. I am too talking to corsair guy via email. I legit dont see any fix from this. They dont get it is what it is.