Corsair Community

Will it fit into a full tower case?

Bobby999

I'm doing my first build and I'm using a full tower case. I've had to cross-check a lot of stuff to make sure everything fits together, but I haven't been able to find any info on whether or not the Hydro Series™ H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler (or all AIO coolers, for that matter) can be mounted on the top of a full tower case (I'm not using a Corsair case, and I believe the posting rules won't let me tell you what I'm using). I imagine there's all sorts of brackets, but will the hoses reach without being stretched to their limits? I realize it's a very newbie question, but then again when it comes to this sort of thing, it's what I am. Thanks.

That's a big case and it's hard to believe you would have any fitment issues on that side. It's rated for 480mm radiators front and top, which means you should have plenty of end space to put the tubes on either side.

The more common place people run into issues with top mount these days is on mid-size cases with a "shallow top". There isn't enough vertical clearance or width and the fans/radiator collide with the RAM. If you scroll down to the middle of this page you can see there is massive amount of room between the top of the RAM and the top of the case. Maybe 10cm. No chance of a collision even on extra thick radiators. At 30mm for the radiator + 25mm for the fans, you have lots of extra space.

Well, it just goes to show ya how little I know. I'm worried about the hose length getting to the top of the case, and you tell me about something I should have been more concerned with. Anyway, I'm glad to know that the cooler will work with that case. I wonder what else I should have been worried about.

Thanks for the info.

Tube length is approximately 30cm. It’s possible if the insert side is orientated toward the front and you slide it all the way forward, they would become tight. It’s hard to get an exact figure for that without the case, other than doing a little triangle math using 10cm up and 24cm (2 fans) over to get the 3rd side. That comes in around 26cm. You will have more slack (if wanted) if the hoses are turned toward the back.