Corsair Community

12-pin GPU Power Cable Individually Sleeved

Free_Papi

• Corsair Employees
Hi all,

Does anyone know if Corsair will be releasing a 12-pin GPU Power Cable that individually sleeved?

I've seen there is a 12 Pin cable but its not a premium looking one that matched the rest of my Corsairs Individually Sleeved cabling.

Here's the rub... The connector Nvidia uses isn't a standard Molex clone part. It's made by one manufacturer. The connector doesn't have a wide enough base to accommodate both 16g wire AND a sleeve.

There are some people making cables using non-Nvidia approved parts, but Nvidia will not approve those because they're not using parts that are to their spec.

Since the 12-pin is limited to the FE cards, and the FE cards are Best Buy exclusive, and Nvidia has been having issues shipping FE cards at all, I see making this adapter with a properly tooled connector a niche of a niche.

Here's the rub... The connector Nvidia uses isn't a standard Molex clone part. It's made by one manufacturer. The connector doesn't have a wide enough base to accommodate both 16g wire AND a sleeve.

There are some people making cables using non-Nvidia approved parts, but Nvidia will not approve those because they're not using parts that are to their spec.

Since the 12-pin is limited to the FE cards, and the FE cards are Best Buy exclusive, and Nvidia has been having issues shipping FE cards at all, I see making this adapter with a properly tooled connector a niche of a niche.

Thanks that would make sense with the sleeving, I've seen EVGA making an individually sleeved cable as below.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=100-NK-3000-B9

Perhaps if it becomes an industry standard going forward maybe things will change as a proper 12 Pin cable will look a lot cleaner in the build than the current 2 x 8 Pins or the crusty adaptor.