Corsair Community

Ironclaw remapped buttons not recognised by XBOX ONE

ArmageddAdam

Dear Community,

I have purchased the Ironclaw Wireless product, and to Corsair's credit I am throughly impressed but my problem lies in the button mapping. I have connected the Ironclaw via the USB to my laptop and done all the iCUE setup stuff (uploading firmware etc) the mouse is recognised, i have set the key mapping up and saved each as identical profiles to the mouse. Everything works fine while it is connected to my PC, but when I plug it into my xbox one it completely reverts to what I can only describe as back to original settings. I have read every article I can, I've scoured the community boards for anyone with the same symptoms as this but nothing sheds any light.

Allow me to be more specific; I understand that any windows system only recognises 5 buttons on a mouse therefore I have mapped keystrokes to the extra keys. I have zero interest in the DPI button or the profile switching button and furthermore, the entire and only reason for my purchase of your Ironclaw mouse, plus the K63 Keyboard and also lapboard (a total investment of £245) was to play Call Of Duty Warzone with KB&M peripherals. So I mapped the DPI buttons/Option button/Profile Buttons to keystokes unused in gameplay, theory being that this controller mimicks the keystroke but the game doesn't recognise that any button has been pressed at all. In fact not only are they not recognised at the keystroke I'd pre programmed but the profile button skips through profiles no matter whether I have all 3 profiles set as the same or just 1 profile saved to memory and the other 2 slots cleared. I can only assume the DPI buttons are doing the same and reverting to their unmapped state. I can only use the recognised 5 buttons but this is not a warzone issue, as the keystrokes aren't recognised on the xbox home screen either.

I have been as thorough as I can, making sure there aren't any conflicting actions, making sure the 'retain original function' box is unchecked and tried both the wired and the 2.4ghz wireless band to no avail. I'm an electrical engineer by trade and its driving me mad that I cant figure this out.

If in the eventuality it can't be done I'd rather the honesty up front so I can still return everything and chalk this up as a failed experiment. But I honesty can't fathom why it will work on one system and not another if its just a case of programming the mouse to offer a signal.

Any advice welcome, I'm here because I have no other ideas myself hahaha.

• Corsair Employees

Hi ArmageddAdam,

I looked into this and asked one of my teammates, according to him, saved profiles with on-board memory only carries over the lighting RGB, but not macros or mapped keys from PC to console. Only from PC to PC will you retain all of the saved profile functions like mapped keys.