Corsair Community

VS1GBKIT400 causing my dell 4600 to randomly crash

Jetson

I purchased a VS1GBKIT400 from newegg in Feb to install on my half-year old dell 4600. It worked beautifully until two weeks ago. I started getting all kind of errors: program crashing, error openning photos, unrestorable backups due to failed CRC. I thought was something to do with the new external USB DVD burner and the software I installed. Well, after a week of uninstall, exchange and all sort of stuff. I tried to open the backup set on my laptop, everything was fine and no CRC error. So I tried a dell diagnostic boot and mem test. It failed on MATS and March A Test with consistancy (Error Code: 2F00:0419). I tried removing original DELL ram and just use the pair from Corsair, same error pointing to the same DIMM.

It has been more than 30 days since I purchased from newegg, so I would like to get a RMA for this.

Jason

• Corsair Employees
Can you please visit Dell website and check and see if you have the latest BIOS available for your system and flash it to the latest one if it is possible, load optimized/setup defaults after flashing your BIOS. Then please test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org and let’s make sure it's not some other issue! I would run the test for at least 2-3 passes to be sure!

I finally had time to download both the latest BIOS update for dell (A12) and memtest86. After updating BIOS and running the bootable memtest CD, it generated tons of errors with one of the DIMM with either single channel and dual channel. Just be sure, I tested both Dell stock DIMM and all passed. So I think one of the DIMM from the kit is bad. What's the next step? RMA? Should I sending one or both DIMM?

Jason

• Corsair Employees

With Value Select you can just send the failing module.

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

Archived