Corsair Community

iCUE and Aura help please

DeanoLangster

New to the RGB stuff, need help please.

I am running an ASUS Z490 MOBO with an Intel Core i5-10600k Processor.

When I use ASUS Aura to turn off my lights at night, the back three vertical lights do not turn off. I have to use iCUE to turn those ones off. Pretty sure the wiring is messed up somewhere. I do have the Corsair 6 port hub in the system with only 3 fans plugged into it.

Can i plug the 3 fans from my DeepCool Castle 360 RGB into my Corsair hub??

any of this make sense????

Dean

(don't laugh at my video card.. lol... waiting to buy one)

587224814_corsairhub.jpg.f86628b9ba2fc217d1082dc21b29e045.jpg

394182667_deepcoolcastle360rgb.jpg.216e1d2707ecaa5b9dee42f5d355074e.jpg

1945630580_DeansPC.thumb.jpg.e17472aa4b66e4d41cf6b3ad4e2a9c13.jpg

816496662_AuraandiCUEScreenshot.thumb.jpg.d0716392c876f8117da3423162cc54d7.jpg

Edited by DeanoLangster

CUE is only able to take control over Aura when both programs are running and the "enable plugins" option is checked in the settings panel. When you quit CUE (like at shutdown when the OS closes), control is released back to Aura. In those states Aura is in control of the lighting.

Uncheck the "enable plugins" from CUE settings, then open Aura. Go to the 'Sync at shutdown' panel. OFF should be at the very bottom. You can also take this chance to set the MB's lighting behavior when CUE is not running from the main panel. Aura can only do the first three effects (solid, breathing, color cycle) during the boot/shutdown phases. You can pick other stuff, but it will revert to one of those three when the Aura Lighting Service isn't running.

You cannot plug other brand RGB products into Corsair controllers directly. The connector is not going to fit. Those fans appear to be 5v RGB, so there may be a 3rd party adapter that works, but I don't know much about them.

CUE is only able to take control over Aura when both programs are running and the "enable plugins" option is checked in the settings panel. When you quit CUE (like at shutdown when the OS closes), control is released back to Aura. In those states Aura is in control of the lighting.

Uncheck the "enable plugins" from CUE settings, then open Aura. Go to the 'Sync at shutdown' panel. OFF should be at the very bottom. You can also take this chance to set the MB's lighting behavior when CUE is not running from the main panel. Aura can only do the first three effects (solid, breathing, color cycle) during the boot/shutdown phases. You can pick other stuff, but it will revert to one of those three when the Aura Lighting Service isn't running.

You cannot plug other brand RGB products into Corsair controllers directly. The connector is not going to fit. Those fans appear to be 5v RGB, so there may be a 3rd party adapter that works, but I don't know much about them.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. Cheers