DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 533MHz

DRAM Timing Selectable: Auto Yields the following timings

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 1.9

NB Voltage 1.9 Volts (On Abit AA8 Only)

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIM 2.1 Volts

Each pair is tested and packaged together using the following settings:

CPU External Frequency: Manually set to 250MHz

DDR2 SDRAM Clock: Manually set to 533MHz

DRAM Timing Selectable: Auto Yields the following timings

SDRAM CAS Latency: 4T

SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 4T

SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 4T

SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 12T

DDR2 SDRAM Voltage: 1.9

NB Voltage 1.9 Volts (On Abit AA8 Only)

All other settings are motherboard defaults.

Maximum DDR2 recommended VDIM 2.1 Volts

Sorry if I am hijacking this thread.

I have what is probably a very stupid question. :)

I have been a Tech for over 20 years but am new to DDR2.

I currently have a Pentium 640 CPU in an Asus P5AD2-E Premium Wireless Edition with the Twin2X5125400 Pro series (1GB Total) and am very curious about the settings you state above.

If these modules are capable of at least DDR675 Why do you set the SDRAM Clock to 533MHz?

I run my system 24/7 at 250FSB and can get 252 stable with the RAM at DDR676 but at 253 I get issues. Timings are at 4-4-4-12 in BIOS.

Any help or ideas what I am doing wrong? And what about the 533 setting? Will I get better perormance this way?

Thanks and please excuse my inexperience with DDR2 and even this board.

Keri, do you know if it'll OC that high? Are you running the memory in sync with the FSB or on a ratio?

Well, I just discoverd at 260 FSB with the RAM on the lowest setting (Not sure about dividers on this board) I'm not 100% stable.....At 250 I am and the ram runs at DDR666 fine like that.

So if 250FSB and DDR666 selected in BIOS everything is fine. My question now is....Is that the best way to get the most performance out of my system since I am 100% stable at these settings?

The reason that it is typed out like that is that when manually set to 200 FSB in BIOS the option to select in BIOS for the correct MEM ratio is 533. With the ASUS board when you change the FSB the MEM setting also moves. This is not the case on other boards such as ABIT or MSI. Which is the reason that it is stated to choose 533 in BIOS.

The settings that you have are the best way to get the best performance from your system. The only other thing I would suggest is to try setting the timings to 4-3-3-10 and the voltage to 1.9 vDIMM. This will give you a little more bandwidth.

The reason that it is typed out like that is that when manually set to 200 FSB in BIOS the option to select in BIOS for the correct MEM ratio is 533. With the ASUS board when you change the FSB the MEM setting also moves. This is not the case on other boards such as ABIT or MSI. Which is the reason that it is stated to choose 533 in BIOS.

The settings that you have are the best way to get the best performance from your system. The only other thing I would suggest is to try setting the timings to 4-3-3-10 and the voltage to 1.9 vDIMM. This will give you a little more bandwidth.

Outstanding, I will try that when the Rooster wakes up today. (I always get up before him) lol.

Thanks.

What cooling do you have for your CPU? Just wondering because I was playing around with a 640 and the highest stable OC I got was 4.4 ghz 275 FSB. It would post and go into OS @ 4.51, but would not complete Super PI.

For the moment, I am using the (EEK) Stock Intel HS/F! :eek:

I am trying to sell my Dual 120MM Radiator & MCP650 Pump to get a Black Ice Extreme 120 Rad & MCP 350 Pump. Then maybe I can go higher. This chip does not like over 4.0GHz stable at the moment but with stock cooling, I don't blame it. Temps never got out of hand though.

Archived