Corsair Community

Any "old" H150i vs capellix review?

Baio

There probably are some professional reviews of the H150i Elite that also include prior data from the H150i Pro. The Elite should have the cold plate design of the Platinum/XT coolers and that is supposedly worth a couple of degrees. However, bear in mind the Elite will have 2400 rpm ML-Elite fans and the Pro has the 1600 rpm "ML-Quiet". That may show some additional improvement at the maximum speed many reviews test at. However, that means very little at 1300 rpm where you might like to keep things. It is the same fan geometry, so results should be the same at like speeds.

No miracles in cooling, but if you are looking for a new one, it seems to offer a lot and very unique design.

Thanks for your replay.

So, some good new features in the XT vs old H150i... but what about the newer Capellix?

I’m thinking about replacing a H150i, and was wondering if the newer CPU block fits better Zen2/3 CPUs with their asymmetric design.

Baio

The cold plate on the H150i Elite is the same design as that used on the H1xxi Platinum/XT coolers. That was advertised as an improvement over the "H1xx Pro" series.

I have not seen any specific AM4 data, but perhaps others users have the combination. You aren't going to see much in the way of high wattage on the 3700x, so the cold plate aspect is the more helpful aspect for you vs higher fan speeds. There is likely H150i XT data with Ryzen 3000 series CPUs out there and that should also be valid as a comparison to your H150i Pro.