Corsair Community

A7N266 and TWINX1024-3200C2 compatibility?

cyntil8ing

Does anyone know of any issues with the board A7N266 and TWINX1024-3200C2?

I cannot seem to use the any of the TWINX memory modules without a different memory module.

i've used each TWINX in every DIMM slot individually, in tandem, and in every order and i keep on hearing a continuous beep emitting from my board. No board post.

The only time the memory works is when i add a 3rd different memory module apart from the TWINXs both individually and in tandem. It then posts the correct amount of memory but is unstable according to memtest86(?). thousands of errors when i ran it overnight.

The solutions i've tried, besides the ones mentioned above, are updating the bios , setting the VDIMM to 2.7 (max on this board) as recommended.

i have the single module version of this memory (CMX512-3200C2 rev 2.2) and it works perfectly. no problems. these newer modules (rev 4.2) are not working well for me.

Memory Timings 2.5-3-3-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS) set at auto(normal) at 133FSB or DDR2100.

also, i've previously run this board with all 3 DIMM slots filled with mixed (2100,2700,and 3200) modules and i haven't had a hitch in about a year with CAS level 2 at turbo settings at DDR2100.

There's got to be a guru out there that can help me out.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm a little confused with your post.

The TWINX1024-3200C2 should work with that MOBO.

However, you should not mix the newer version 4.2 with the 2.2 stick.

Since the MOBO only supports DDR 266/200 the RAM would have to be clocked

down the match the FSB of the CPU.

If this is not automatically you would have to adjust the speed in the BIOS.

The timings of 2.5-3-3-6 should be ok.

Welcome to the forums.

I'm a little confused with your post.

The TWINX1024-3200C2 should work with that MOBO.

However, you should not mix the newer version 4.2 with the 2.2 stick.

Since the MOBO only supports DDR 266/200 the RAM would have to be clocked

down the match the FSB of the CPU.

If this is not automatically you would have to adjust the speed in the BIOS.

The timings of 2.5-3-3-6 should be ok.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand the part about not mixing the versions of the ram, but that's the only way i could get the TWINX to even post anything.

if i use the TWINX alone either as a single or both modules, i only get a constant beeping off my motherboard. it will only post if i add a 3rd RAM into the mix. It's weird...i know. that's why i'm asking for help.

I've built quite a few systems and this is admittedly the first time i've run into anything like this concerning the RAM. it's usually toast or working.

i've tried the 2.5-3-3-6 as you have mentioned as well as slower timings, and i'm only running a Palomino 1700! the memory was just running at DDR2100.

If you need any more info, lemme know. i'll be more than glad to give it.

excuse my posting if it seemed a bit confusing.

appreciate the help and time

No problem, please let me know when you get the new modules.

just few questions ram guy, how long is the average turn around time to get the modules back?

do i get any kind e-mail (confirmation, status of returned RAM, etc...)?

My RMA# is: R77934

thanks

• Corsair Employees
It will depend on how you send the modules but the average is 5-7 business days. And once we get your module usually the same day but with in 24-48 hours we will send new modules back 3 Day UPS. And we have not received your modules as of yet. But you can email ram@corsairmemory.com with your RMA # in a few days and ask them for tracking status.

It will depend on how you send the modules but the average is 5-7 business days. And once we get your module usually the same day but with in 24-48 hours we will send new modules back 3 Day UPS. And we have not received your modules as of yet. But you can email ram@corsairmemory.com with your RMA # in a few days and ask them for tracking status.

that's odd. i sent the modules in last week via registered USPS and was told that it's been there since Wednesday or Thursday (live pretty close to fremont). I still have the receipt and tracking no. for the mail. any ideas?

update: i also just checked the USPS website and it confirmed delivery as of thurs last week (tracking no: 0304 1070 0002 3137 3200). getting a little worried here.

thanks ram guy

Archived