Corsair Community

Abit AV8 Dual Channel Issues

Drac0

A while ago, I bought one stick of CMX512-3200C2 ram. After some time I decided to upgrade and get an identical stick. However, I got a stick of CMX512-3200 by accident. Both sticks worked fine in dual channel mode in my old Epox 8RDA+ board. When that board died I bought the Abit AV8 motherboard with an Athlon 64 3000+ processor.

When both sticks were put in dual channel mode again, the computer will not POST. I tested my ram in my roommate's Abit IC7-MAX3 motherboard and they worked fine in dual channel mode. I tried his PC4000 XXX ram in my board in dual channel mode and they worked fine. My ram will boot singularly in slots 1 or 3 or together in 1 and 3 in single channel mode. Upon further testing, I found that the 3200C2 will not boot in 3.0 CAS but the 3200 will boot in 2.5 CAS. I tried manually setting the BIOS to the setting both boot at and tried the ram in dual channel, but it still would not POST. I flashed the BIOS to the newest version (1.9) and upped the voltage to 2.8, but nothing seems to work. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

Archived