Corsair Community

Vengeance M95 mouse flashing lights, works but not detected as Corsair. Causes?

Apollo45

I've been using an old M95 mouse for years now, and I'm thinking it's kicked the bucket. That's fine - did the math and I think I've hit that 20,000,000 click mark that they rated it for - but I'm running off an old build in the first place (slightly upgraded Dell XPS 9100) and want to check potential causes - trying to trace a graphics card/power supply/motherboard failure and if I can figure out that the mouse was overloaded I might be able to trace the larger problem to a power supply or similar.

System Specs:

• Dell 5DN3X Studio Xps 9100 Motherboard
  • I7 960
  • AMD R9 290x
  • EVGA Supernova 850w B2 PSU
  • 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM

Here's what I'm seeing specifically;

• Mouse lights all flash, with 1st and 5th profile lights lit up
  • Mouse is detected as MS Boot Loader and HID Compliant Mouse, but not as "Corsair M95 Gaming Mouse" or similar
  • Drivers/software does not detect the mouse
  • Firmware updates say that no mouse is plugged in or detected
  • The basic mouse buttons function, but the DPI is all over the place and the cursor drifts without any mouse movement
  • It was working yesterday, but I was troubleshooting the PSU/Motherboard/GPU issue for the most part.
  • When I plugged it into a different computer (laptop for work) this morning was the first time I noticed it flashing

So, the real question: What might have caused the mouse to do that? From what I can tell looking at posts from 2014-2015 the mouse itself is probably gone, but I saw some posts saying it could have been a power surge, others saying that the components are fried, and others saying it might be a firmware/flashed memory issue.

Could this have been caused by a bad power supply overloading the USB? Or would you guess this is solely a mouse problem?

Also, long shot here since it's a 7+ year old mouse - any thoughts on how to fix it if the firmware won't update and none of the three computers I tried will detect anything specific about the mouse itself?

• Corsair Employees

Hi Apollo45,

Unfortunately, on consulting one of our mouse experts to confirm, there's just no way we can determine what the actual cause was here without the mouse, and the mouse is well outside the warranty window unfortunately. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Hi Apollo45,

Unfortunately, on consulting one of our mouse experts to confirm, there's just no way we can determine what the actual cause was here without the mouse, and the mouse is well outside the warranty window unfortunately. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

No problem, I appreciate you all looking into it at all - like I said, pretty sure I hit that 20m click number anyway, so I got good use out of it. Going to miss the mouse and the side button layout (not finding much in the same fashion on the market now), but so it goes.

Thanks!