Corsair Community

QL120 Fans Setup

VideoHackMac

Hey, so I bought a pack of 3 Corsair QL120 RGB 120mm PWM Fans and got a Lighting Node CORE with it. If I connect the PWM fan connectors to the motherboard and the RGB cables to Lighting Node CORE and connect the USB header into motherboard USB header; will i be able to change RGB color using iCUE software? I know fans speed will be controlled by motherboard and I won't be able to control the speed of the fans from iCUE software right?

• Corsair Employees

As mentioned by C-attack, you have it correctly figured out.

If you want to be able to control the fans via iCUE as well, then you will need to purchase a commander PRO, and put the PWM cables from the fans into this one.

This will allow you to easily control the fans based on either set values, or have them adjust automatically based on temperature sensors.

Ok I am curious to know if I can control the rgb color with Corsair controller that comes with SP 120mm RGB fans? I am trying to avoid plugging the internal USB header into motherboard due to lack of space and thinking if I can daisy chain the Lighting Node to one manual controller that comes with SP 120mm RGB fans and just change the RGB color. Is it possible?