Corsair Community

Components with hardware profile support

rulfor

So I'm planning to do some system upgrades and am considering to spice things up a bit with some RGB components. Currently I'm looking at the following:

• H100i RGB Platinum AIO
  • Vengeance RGB PRO RAM
  • ML120 PRO RGB fans with Lighting Node PRO

Now I use my desktop on linux for about ~50% of the time for software development. During that time I'm not interested in any fancy lighting effects, but I would just like to set all components to one solid color, to certainly not have one or more of the components in a default rainbow demo style thing. I'm aware that there's some reverse engineered based software available which works on linux, but I'd like to stay away from that if possible.

From what I understand, since iCUE is not available on linux to achieve this I'd have to configure a "hardware profile" in iCUE while in windows for those components. So basically my question is if anyone could confirm that all the components listed above support this. Did some searches on this but I seem to find some conflicting and/or outdated information.

Thanks!

I don't have an answer for you (I'm not on that side of the company), but out of curiosity have you looked into Windows Subsystem for Linux?

Interesting, I was aware that this existed, but I always thought that it was limited to terminal based stuff. Had no idea that there was also a way to run GUI based applications, and by extension apparently full desktops (a must for me as I feel that i3 wm greatly improves my productivity).

Thanks for the tip, will definitely give this a try. I tried getting rid of dual booting in the past by using a virtualbox linux VM in windows (was a bit too sluggish) and a windows VM with VFIO in linux (was unstable), but this looks like it might be a promising alternative...

Meanwhile though it would still be nice to have RGB that "kinda" works on a native linux, even if it has to be configured in windows :):