Corsair Community

Case fans running too fast

Foulplay

I have the H150i ELITE CAPELLIX installed along side a Commander Pro. Fans on the CAPELLIX run and operate correctly. All 6 fans installed on the Commander Pro no matter the settings seem to ramp up very fast. Normally around 1600 RPM's. I have tried quiet and custom fan speeds. They do slow down when machine is idling . Normally around 950. Any task seems to trigger them to ramp up, opening YOUTUBE. Looking for help on how to control the fans. I think I have everything installed correctly. I am able to see them in ICUE

I am assuming you have the Commander Core that comes with the Elite controlling its 3 fans and a separate Commander Pro for the others. The Commander Pro defaults to CPU temperature as a control variable as the only guaranteed system metric. However, it’s not a good choice for functionality or noise. You need to get off the presets immediately.

On the Commander Pro, performance tab and + to create a new custom curve. There are multiple ways you can make this work by using GPU temp, MB temp, or the included temperature probes. Easiest adjustment is going to be using “H150i Temp” (coolant temperature) from the cooler. It is probable the fans on the Commander Core default to this. There are three pre-made shape curves in the upper right corner of the graph that were designed for the coolant temperature range. You can easily pull a few this way or that to make further adjustments.

Why don't you do your own profile for the case fans? Just try flattening the suggested curve so they never go above 1200rpm. That I find to be a good value for quiet operation. don't know what the minimum rotation speed for your fans is, but I set mine at that minimum for all temperatures up to 40 degrees C, then I fairly quickly take the fans up to 1200rpm but never allow them to go further.

I think OP probably did. The confusing part is they have both a Commander Pro and Commander Core and those devices don't behave the same way. I suspect the Com Core automatically defaults to coolant temp (H1xx Temp) because the fan speed controller was moved from internal to the Com Core. So it is behaving and the Commander is doing the standard '1500 rpm on Quiet mode' as it normally does right out of the box. Someone not extremely familiar with the Corsair system would assume they both are supposed to behave in the same way. We are still learning all the ways the Commander Core is different. In this case, the issue may have been not changing the "sensor" choice in the new custom curve.