Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

Just upgraded from a K95 XT to the K100 and let me tell you, this keyboard yells premium.
Could you please try pressing several keys rapidly while hodling down the Fn key and let us know if any keys get stuck (not physically, just digitally)?

This happens for me regardless of disabling or remapping the Fn key using iCUE and/or onboard HW profiles.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could you please try pressing several keys rapidly while hodling down the Fn key and let us know if any keys get stuck (not physically, just digitally)?

This happens for me regardless of disabling or remapping the Fn key using iCUE and/or onboard HW profiles.

Hey there,

Could you please elaborate more? When pressing the FN key, none of the other keys work, which I think that's the expected result. Do you want me to map anything to the FN key and then try again?

Hi OlderThan Dirt,

Welcome to our forums! Glad to hear the K100 RGB is doing great in your hands! If the FPS/MOBA keycaps and keycap puller are missing, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support team will take care of you.

I didn't even realize mine are missing too. Glad I ran across this post.

I LOVE my new K100. I've used an old Logitech G15 for too many years and it's a night and day difference. I opted for the Speed switches thinking I still need to be able to use it daily for coding and the OPX might interfere with that.

Only thing I didn't expect is the gigantic trunk of cables coming out of this thing, and I didn't know it would require 2x USB 3.0. I'm running on a Dell XPS 7590 laptop, which only has 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB-C/Thunderbolt, and an HDMI. The USB 3.0s are opposite each other, and one is always in use with a flash drive for work. The split cable ends won't reach to opposite sides, so the only way I can use this is with an external dock or hub. Not exactly thrilled with that as I'm trying to get more OFF my desk than on, and I'm trying to move away from the glitchy Dell dock. Also, for some reason the USB jacks are flipped opposite each other, so I have to physically twist one of the cable ends to get it to plug into USBs beside one another. I almost wonder if this is a mistake, because I can think of no typical configuration of USBs (side by side or stacked) for which this would work. Due to the twist, I can't keep the cable flush on my desk and it just looks to be a mess of wires.

Other than that, it's beautiful. Wanted best of the best and I think this is it.

This was the response I received from my support ticket for the missing keys and keypuller:

"I apologize for any inconvenience, but unfortunately, we do not have those keycaps available for replacement, we only have the preinstalled black keycaps available for replacement.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for choosing Corsair"

Um...what? So...I just don't get them?

This was the response I received from my support ticket for the missing keys and keypuller:

"I apologize for any inconvenience, but unfortunately, we do not have those keycaps available for replacement, we only have the preinstalled black keycaps available for replacement.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thank you for choosing Corsair"

Um...what? So...I just don't get them?

I would return to your ticket and link them to this thread.. specifically the post where you was told to contact support and open the ticket ;)

here it is quoted for you..

Hi OlderThan Dirt,

Welcome to our forums! Glad to hear the K100 RGB is doing great in your hands! If the FPS/MOBA keycaps and keycap puller are missing, please open a ticket at https://help.corsair.com, our support team will take care of you.

Edited by Zotty

Could you please elaborate more? When pressing the FN key, none of the other keys work, which I think that's the expected result. Do you want me to map anything to the FN key and then try again?
Yeah, when I remap the key to anything and/or disable the key, I get this "stuck key" effect.

In iCUE Under Actions and/or Hardware Actions you can select Disable and apply to the Fn key.

Then simply rapidly press Fn and other keys like WASD and see if any of them get stuck repeating.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time whether in Notepad or in game...

Thx!

Edited by howiec

Yeah, when I remap the key to anything and/or disable the key, I get this "stuck key" effect.

In iCUE Under Actions and/or Hardware Actions you can select Disable and apply to the Fn key.

Then simply rapidly press Fn and other keys like WASD and see if any of them get stuck repeating.

I can reproduce this 100% of the time whether in Notepad or in game...

Thx!

To confirm, I was able to see the same by performing the above with the FN key. Opened notepad and alternatively hit wasd keys and the FN key and (for example) the d key kept being pressed, until I hit a different key, like enter.

Follow up on this would be good.

To confirm, I was able to see the same by performing the above with the FN key. Opened notepad and alternatively hit wasd keys and the FN key and (for example) the d key kept being pressed, until I hit a different key, like enter.

Follow up on this would be good.

Thanks for confirming!

Hope this gets fixed because I use IJKL for more mouse/pad room to the right of my keyboard and could use the extra key bind like I did on all my previous keyboards.

I know... I'm weird =)

When I click on the "Hardware Lighting" tab to set up static lighting the keybord lights all turn off. The image in iCue of the keyboard just shows the keys outlined. I setup the Static

color but none of the keys light up. I tried saving to the onboard profile but that doesn't help. When I exit out of iCue the keyboard stays dark and nothing I do will turn the lights on. I don't have the problem with my mouse, the hardware lighting works great for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just upgraded keyboard from a Logitech one and here are my thoughts and hopefully Corsair can take the input to improve. Hopefully you don't mind reading my wall of text.

1) Keys - love the feel of them BUT the way they are shaped they have less surface area for your fingers plus now I have to retrain my hands to move one column over due to macro keys on right that is resulting in a lot of typos and my typing speed decreased by 15%. Hopefully with time I can retrain my muscle memory. Corsair please look into the size and shape of the keys especially with keyboards with dedicated macro keys on the right.

2) Please make all the keys PBT - the G keys and additional FPS/MOBA keycaps or make those rubberized

3) Dial works well with my work flow but hate remembering which color profile set to wheel and the stock horizontal/zoom profiles does not work well in all my programs so I disabled them and replaced with my own macros. Please add option to reorder the dial profiles OR give us onscreen prompts what the wheel profile does when we press the middle button OR utilize the empty space where the logo reside to display information.

4)Scroll/Num/Caps lock indicator is static white. Please allow the colors to adjust. Annoying to set a color profile and have it clash with indicator lights. Also what is the use of the large panel with the logo? seems wasted space if nothing is being display other than the Corsair logo and indicators. Would add more functionality if it display dial profile or other useful information vs remember what G1-6 do.

5) Media keys - the back/forward keys does not work with the media I am watching. Most media are consumed these day via a website like YouTube/Netflix/etc vs dedicated media programs like VLC, etc. In VLC and others the media buttons work as intended. Only the play/pause and stop button works in YouTube via a browser if it is in focus. I had to use a 3rd party software to make the back & next work if using chrome to watch my media. Please fix. Also if you hit the stop button - YouTube will stop but will not do anything if you hit the play button again. Effectively making the stop button useless in YouTube via Chrome hence why its remapped on my keyboard to something else.

6) ICUE - Unable to assign keys to F13-24 in hardware actions. Able to do it if ICUE software running and macros saved in actions location. Please fix so my macros work without the software running if I am using the keyboard on another PC. Also make it easy to convert a profile to hardware profile.

7) Wrist rest - I like its magnetic but dislike wrist rest slopes towards user. I find it more comfortable if the back of wrist rest is higher so I been using the wrist rest in reverse orientation but it no longer attach to keyboard. Allow us a option to attach the wrist rest in either pad incline orientation.

8) Future suggestions - Remove the G keys and replace number pad keys with LCD tactile buttons displaying information that is sloped toward user along with the media controls that is detachable from keyboard (attachable to keyboard either right or left side OR via cable) to let us program & position them how we like.

Effectively making the keyboard a TKL with a Elgato stream deck that you can use as a keyboard and media control. You own Elgato at the moment, integrate the tech into your keyboard physically not via additional software. With Elgato ability to create folders, we would basically have endless macros on the tactile lcd keys with ability to have the name of the macro action displayed vs remember what G1-6 do.

9) What is up with the & key in the new font? It looks weird.

Edited by KaiDai

Only thing I didn't expect is the gigantic trunk of cables coming out of this thing, and I didn't know it would require 2x USB 3.0. I'm running on a Dell XPS 7590 laptop, which only has 2 USB 3.0, 1 USB-C/Thunderbolt, and an HDMI. The USB 3.0s are opposite each other, and one is always in use with a flash drive for work. The split cable ends won't reach to opposite sides, so the only way I can use this is with an external dock or hub. Not exactly thrilled with that as I'm trying to get more OFF my desk than on, and I'm trying to move away from the glitchy Dell dock. Also, for some reason the USB jacks are flipped opposite each other, so I have to physically twist one of the cable ends to get it to plug into USBs beside one another. I almost wonder if this is a mistake, because I can think of no typical configuration of USBs (side by side or stacked) for which this would work. Due to the twist, I can't keep the cable flush on my desk and it just looks to be a mess of wires.

My keyboard is plugged into two USB 2.0 and it works, no issues.

When I click on the "Hardware Lighting" tab to set up static lighting the keybord lights all turn off. The image in iCue of the keyboard just shows the keys outlined. I setup the Static

color but none of the keys light up. I tried saving to the onboard profile but that doesn't help. When I exit out of iCue the keyboard stays dark and nothing I do will turn the lights on. I don't have the problem with my mouse, the hardware lighting works great for that.

Go into iCUE and click on Instant Lighting, select the color and all leds on devices registered in iCUE should switch to that color.

Or click to the outside of the keyboard image, drag the cursor and put a frame around the keyboard image - completely enclosing it. Then select the hardware color wanted. Hope that helps, remember to save it

Just picked up the OPX version the other day. Replaced a Logitech G915 Clicky as my daily for work and play. Took a minute to get used to the lack of a click and a bump when pressing keys, but it was a quick curve. I love how this thing feels and have no regrets with the switch! Well done.

Go into iCUE and click on Instant Lighting, select the color and all leds on devices registered in iCUE should switch to that color.

Or click to the outside of the keyboard image, drag the cursor and put a frame around the keyboard image - completely enclosing it. Then select the hardware color wanted. Hope that helps, remember to save it

Tried both of those with no luck. The keyboard light all shut off as soon as I highlight the Hardware lighting tab. If I hit instant lighting all my devices (keyboard, mouse and AIO change to whatever color I select but when I save the profile and then exit out of iCue the lighting shuts off. If I put the frame around the keyboard the lighting never turns on no matter what color I select. I have saved the color profile to "Onboard Profiles" it shows it there like it does in my mouse settings.

keyboard log.zip

Edited by undeadrat
Added log files

• 2 weeks later...

I'm typing this on my K100 before I return it back to the store tomorrow. I'm not sure what is happening to Corsair, but improvement is desperately needed in the peripheral lineup. This keyboard has beautiful RGB, but that is where the benefits stop. The surface of the keycaps on this keyboard are noticeably smaller than any other keyboard I have used in the past. As someone who is coming over from a WASD keyboard with real Cherry MX Blue switches, typing on this board feels incredibly mushy. It's harder for my fingers to find the keys because of the smaller key surface! The wheel at the top left of the keyboard makes no sense. Why is it here? What keyboard features their software on the keyboard itself? When I press on the button in the wheel with the iCUE logo, it doesn't even launch iCUE!!??

Here is what I need from Corsair moving forward:

1) Removable USB-C Cord - stop giving me these incredibly thick and heavy cables requiring two USB-A connections. Custom USB cables are a thing. Wireless is even better.

2) Go back to using regular size keycaps with regular keycap surfaces. You got way too cute with the K100 - there is a reason car manufacturers leave wheels untouched - they work the way the way are.

3) No more iCUE logo on the keyboard.

4) No more OPX switches or whatever these things are called - they have no tactile feedback and feel like cheap linear switches. I'm not impressed.

5) No more wheels on the keyboard - unless it is a volume wheel with feedback.

6) Give me a hint of rgb, but stop killing me with it. Take a note from Glorious PC Master Race - their upcoming GMMK Pro is a MasterClass that Corsair should enroll in.

7) TKL - It's time for Corsair to make a TKL.

8) NumPad - No major keyboard manufacturer makes a matching numpad to accompany their TKL keyboards. Corsair needs to become the first.

9) Hot-Swappable is the future.

I want to see Corsair begin using their best feature (RGB) responsibly and combine it with better design language for their keyboards and peripherals. This K100 is a ridiculous collection of ideas that feel thrown together with no strategy or guidance. I don't want to see Corsair get left in the dust by being slow to the market with peripherals that keep pace with the offerings with Razer and Logitech. While I have my own gripes with both of those companies, they are both doing a better job of offering products with good design language.

I have this exact same problem. Hardware lighting just doesn't work on this keyboard.

Update I have figured it out. I had to remove all profiles and start over with lighting not a great answer but I got it fixed.

Edited by travp624

I have this exact same problem. Hardware lighting just doesn't work on this keyboard.

Update I have figured it out. I had to remove all profiles and start over with lighting not a great answer but I got it fixed.

Thanks, I did a complete uninstall and reinstall, cleared everything and set it all back up and this time the lighting is working. Man this software is not the most user friendly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Literally the only thing I would change, and which I can't really work around, is the switches. ...I do need it to be a...fairly quiet tactile switch because my fingers rest way too heavy on the keyboard for linear switches. I love blues but I can't do blues (or other loud, clicky switches) because I need to use it when I'm on conference calls; clicky keys FEEL great but are annoying as hell on a conference call. If they were silent and clicky, then that might be interesting.

Seems very nice.

But I would prefer much quieter keys like the MX RED Silent.

Add me to the list to have a K100 with a MX Silent Red option available, ASAP. It will be an insta-buy for me once it has these, thanks!

https://www.cherrymx.de/en/mx-original/mx-silent-red.html

• 2 weeks later...

I went with the OPX switches as they made them sound so wonderful. They have zero resistance for me and feel like membrane keyboard feedback. I went from Cherry MX speeds to this and not happy with how it feels typing. This is me being subjective but I don't care for the OPX switches.

If you are in an office or need quiet keys then I can see these being the purchase for you. But trying to get used to them playing a game is bad. Standing on the edge of a cliff trying to snipe and barely touch the key and ramp of the cliff and die. As you aren't even sure you are touching the key until you are falling to your death. It is what it is though.

• 2 weeks later...

i reaaaaaally want to spend good money on this but...

is there an update on getting a different country layout (For me Belgian FR keyb) (azerty)

your competitors are offering this on their high ends... yet i see no news /info on getting this...

let me know :)

• 2 weeks later...
I went with the OPX switches as they made them sound so wonderful. They have zero resistance for me and feel like membrane keyboard feedback. I went from Cherry MX speeds to this and not happy with how it feels typing. This is me being subjective but I don't care for the OPX switches.

If you are in an office or need quiet keys then I can see these being the purchase for you. But trying to get used to them playing a game is bad. Standing on the edge of a cliff trying to snipe and barely touch the key and ramp of the cliff and die. As you aren't even sure you are touching the key until you are falling to your death. It is what it is though.

Agreed. The 1.0ms actuation time is a little too much, especially with the low resistance on these.

I would be tempted to try the MX Speed version but, my other gripe with this keyboard prevents me. My other gripe is, this keyboard STILL has the ping noise when keys bottom out. And since the opticals are so quiet, you hear it even more. Would it kill them to add a little sound dampening material to the inside of the boards, especially at this price point?

2) Go back to using regular size keycaps with regular keycap surfaces. You got way too cute with the K100 - there is a reason car manufacturers leave wheels untouched - they work the way the way are.

I did have to comment on this... Are you kidding? I was waiting for the ./sarcasm here. These keycaps are far better than anything they have offered. The font is MUCH better than that stretched out one they used prior and they feel is great.

Edited by Chuck_IV