Corsair Community

Introducing the CORSAIR K100 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for responding and assisting me.

I really am a “newbie” to this and I apologise for probably driving you nuts.

Please can you advise me how to perform “switching your dial's function to macro recording mode” as well as how to “Another way to set macros is in iCUE via the "ACTIONS" tab for your K100 RGB. You can select the key you'd like to modify (ex. G1, G2, etc.) and set the action you have in mind.”

If I knew how to do either of these it would make my life so much easier as I am having to do everything manually including of course constantly repeating actions.

No need to apologize Darryl, we're here to help you out where we can! iCUE can be overwhelming for new users so it's completely understandable. I've added a brief video below that should help you navigate iCUE and create an ideal function for your usage. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

[ame]

[/ame]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is perfect thanks very much Albert.

I've got it operating exactly as I wanted and needed.

Am I correct in assuming that I can follow exactly the same procedure for additional profiles?

Also am I correct in assuming the button to the left of the wheel with a symbol of a person on it will switch profiles?

Regards

Darryl

• Corsair Employee
That is perfect thanks very much Albert.

I've got it operating exactly as I wanted and needed.

Am I correct in assuming that I can follow exactly the same procedure for additional profiles?

Also am I correct in assuming the button to the left of the wheel with a symbol of a person on it will switch profiles?

Regards

Darryl

Glad to hear that video helped you out. Yep, both of your assumptions are correct.

Hopefully one last request for advice please Albert (and apologies for calling you Alfred).

I have a macro setup to print "The Wall Street Journal" however it types out and prints one character at a time which makes it very slow.

I there an alternative way of getting this to print it quickly?

Thanks again.

Regards

Darryl

Dammit, ok so this keyboard has grown on me. :D:

Very, very tempted to get one. Can anyone tell me how the OPX switches are to type on compared to browns? They aren’t stupidly sensitive are they?

Wulf

Compared to browns, these switches are way, WAY too sensitive. Even just readjusting in my chair, the OPX switches were activating. I couldn't tolerate it.

This is why this keyboard needs a tactile variant--then it's a day-1 instabuy, just like I tried the existing K100 on day one of its release.

Compared to browns, these switches are way, WAY too sensitive. Even just readjusting in my chair, the OPX switches were activating. I couldn't tolerate it.

This is why this keyboard needs a tactile variant--then it's a day-1 instabuy, just like I tried the existing K100 on day one of its release.

That’s very concerning and good to know, thank you. For the price of this I’ll be damned if I’m going to make do with switches that aren’t suitable for typing on.

If a brown switch version comes out great I’ll have one. If not I’ll wait and see what Razer do with the V2 version of the Huntsman.

Wulf

• Corsair Employee
Hopefully one last request for advice please Albert (and apologies for calling you Alfred).

I have a macro setup to print "The Wall Street Journal" however it types out and prints one character at a time which makes it very slow.

I there an alternative way of getting this to print it quickly?

Thanks again.

Regards

Darryl

Based on what you described, I think you're using a Macro Action, which replicates your key presses in succession including timing. Try selecting "Text" from the drop down instead. This should allow you to type out what you want in a box, then when you activate the action will drop all of the text at once.

attachment.php?attachmentid=39312&stc=1&d=1602967046

1626167196_TextAction.thumb.png.8fb49dcc58d59a3508c8ccbd07c3b4bb.png

So I just plugged in my K100, everything was working perfectly, I downloaded iCUE so that I could change the colours of the lights and change the Polling rates to 4000 hz.

After having changed the Polling rates first, iCUE informed me that I needed to update the firmware before changing the colours and effects, after updating the firmware, my function key + 1, 2 and etc don't work like they did.

I'm brand new to Corsair products and gaming products so I'm confused and unsure what to do.

• Corsair Employee
So I just plugged in my K100, everything was working perfectly, I downloaded iCUE so that I could change the colours of the lights and change the Polling rates to 4000 hz.

After having changed the Polling rates first, iCUE informed me that I needed to update the firmware before changing the colours and effects, after updating the firmware, my function key + 1, 2 and etc don't work like they did.

I'm brand new to Corsair products and gaming products so I'm confused and unsure what to do.

Did you have special actions on the function keys, or are they just not working in general? If you had special actions set to the function keys, perhaps you need to switch to the profile that has the actions set. You can switch profiles by dressing the button left of the iCUE wheel. You may also switch between profiles via the iCUE software by clicking on your device and clicking on "PROFILES" on the upper left.

• 2 weeks later...

This has been asked before, but got a fairly vague response: can we expect to see a MX Brown variant of this at some point?

I'm trying to replace a Logitech G910, as I've been having issues with the keycap stems snapping off and then having a hard (near-impossible) time finding replacements. The K95 Platinum XT is *almost* perfect - but for the non-standard bottom row, and the whole point of changing is to get away from non-standard keycaps/layouts!

Likewise, the new K100 is *almost* perfect - but with the rather limited switch range, and for the price I'm not quite willing to 'try out' linear switches. If tactile were available? I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Edited by elusive

Yeah, MX brown switches would be a rather nice option to have for this keyboard, but in my heart I'd still like to see MX blues or even an opto-mechanical version of blues. I have the same problems as everyone else who complains about linear keys; they're way too light and just resting my hands on it would get it to trigger.

In all honestly I really would love to get this keyboard! The design is just beautiful and I can picture a ton of ways that new dial can be used. The switch options just stop me from buying one right off the bat.

...Also what happened the brightness button from the previous keyboards? Did it get moved somewhere I can't see or does that dial work as a brightness setting too?

Flagship keyboard needs more switch options than just “trendy” super duper lighter than light switches that you can’t breathe near. MX browns should’ve been an option for people that actually type on keyboards rather than spam keys like a maniacal zombie ad infinitum.

P.s. still not sure about that wheel, looks like an afterthought.

I just bought the K100 today (the MX Silver Switch version), but there is a terrible high pitching sound coming from between the arrow keys and the enter key. This was also the problem with the K95 XT and the normal K95. I think Corsair did used the same logic board... I did returned the K95 and the K95 XT because they had the pitching sound, so now i will have to return the K100 too :(

I also bought the K70 MK2 Rapidfire with MX speed switches, and that one has a very low pitching sound around the same area. I dont know what is wrong with keyboard these days... I tried a few top of the line Razer keyboard too, and they also have the same issue.

I tried the keyboard at different homes and different computers, all the same sound... Is there a reason for that?

• Corsair Employee
Yeah, MX brown switches would be a rather nice option to have for this keyboard, but in my heart I'd still like to see MX blues or even an opto-mechanical version of blues. I have the same problems as everyone else who complains about linear keys; they're way too light and just resting my hands on it would get it to trigger.

In all honestly I really would love to get this keyboard! The design is just beautiful and I can picture a ton of ways that new dial can be used. The switch options just stop me from buying one right off the bat.

...Also what happened the brightness button from the previous keyboards? Did it get moved somewhere I can't see or does that dial work as a brightness setting too?

Yep, one of the iCUE dial's functions is adjusting brightness.

Flagship keyboard needs more switch options than just “trendy” super duper lighter than light switches that you can’t breathe near. MX browns should’ve been an option for people that actually type on keyboards rather than spam keys like a maniacal zombie ad infinitum.

P.s. still not sure about that wheel, looks like an afterthought.

Have you seen the iCUE Control Wheel with the spiral rainbow lighting effect? :biggrin:

I just bought the K100 today (the MX Silver Switch version), but there is a terrible high pitching sound coming from between the arrow keys and the enter key. This was also the problem with the K95 XT and the normal K95. I think Corsair did used the same logic board... I did returned the K95 and the K95 XT because they had the pitching sound, so now i will have to return the K100 too :(

I also bought the K70 MK2 Rapidfire with MX speed switches, and that one has a very low pitching sound around the same area. I dont know what is wrong with keyboard these days... I tried a few top of the line Razer keyboard too, and they also have the same issue.

I tried the keyboard at different homes and different computers, all the same sound... Is there a reason for that?

This is the first time I'm hearing of such a sound that repetitively comes from the same area, let alone across multiple keyboards...

Seems very nice.

But I would prefer much quieter keys like the MX RED Silent.

Thanks! That is fair game - the sounds of keys clicking aren't for everyone.

• Corsair Employee
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of making a new setup and the K100 has completely won me over!

However, to follow with the color of my new build, I was wondering if it will be available in white soon?

Hi DT01D,

A white CORSAIR K100 RGB is not currently in the books, but we are always monitoring feedback.

at last!! puddings are within reach :)

http://i.imgur.com/dddvhO3l.jpg

Nice, Zotty!! Glad to see what the K100 RGB looks like with some puddings.

Do u know when it will be available the K100 with spanish layout??

I do not have an ETA at the moment, sorry!

I just got the K100 OPX and iCue now recognizes it but I can't adjust anything with the keyboard as its says I requires an update but everytime I try to update it always comes back update unsuccessful. I've uninstalled 3 times as per corsairs clean install page and tried every USB port on my computer and still the same outcome. So far not very happy with this especially given the price.

Anyone have any suggestions before I return this keyboard.

You are lucky, ive had two now and both of them have keys that dont work. This one has no apostrophe amongst others. This has really soured me on corsair product quality. I cant get a replacement either as its completely out of stock everywhere now.

I cant wait weeks for corsair to RMA it so im giving up on this keyboard and corsair will now gradually be removed from my build.

Shame as this keyboard was nice, but it simply doesnt work and its the second one in two weeks to have this problem.