Corsair Community

Latest iCUE versions messing with network adapter

vyper

When I update iCUE I lose all network access (ethernet) & Windows troubleshooting reports:

• There might be a problem with the network adapter
  • Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter

I tried rebooting & reinstalling the adapter with no success. Ended up rolling back with System Restore to v3.31.81 which is last version to not trigger the issue so far as I can tell.

Latest attempt was 28 September with v3.33.246, but the same issue occurred last month trying to update to an earlier version.

My search didn't turn up any other reports of this & I can't say that I even understand why iCUE is affecting a network adapter.

If anybody has any ideas, I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

I have found many weird things as well like yours when the nic hangs or the youtube stream stops.

You need to restart the "windows audio" service and perhaps manually terminate the audiodg.exe if the service doesn't restart within like 5 seconds.

Kind of a hassle to be doing that every couple of hours.

Now you mention this, I have noticed my network hiccup during initial powerup of the PC recently. This may or may not be connected with this problem but it could happen when iCEU first powers up. I have no real way to test this further. What motherboards/nic chips do you have?

Now you mention this, I have noticed my network hiccup during initial powerup of the PC recently. This may or may not be connected with this problem but it could happen when iCEU first powers up. I have no real way to test this further. What motherboards/nic chips do you have?

In my case it’s totally the icue update because I wasn’t doing anything else at the moment, my motherboard is a MSI H61M-E23. Tried uninstalling icue but nothing changed.

• 1 month later...

The eventual solution I found was a clean install of the latest version. I backed up the config folder (C:\Users\*USERNAME*\Appdata\Roaming\Corsair\CUE) to preserve settings & profile data, uninstalled iCUE completely using Revo Uninstaller to clean up missed registry entries etc., rebooted, installed the latest version (v3.34.170) and copied my backed up config folder (...\CUE\) to it's original location, overwriting any existing files. Runs OK now, but was annoying and unnecessary. Seem like the problem lay somewhere in the update process.

I don't think I'll be buying any more iCUE dependent products unless the software gets a massive overhaul. I just have too many problems with it. Crashes, update problems, errors invoking macros, etc. It frequently invokes the correct profile and sets the lighting correctly, but fails to trigger any of the preassigned keyboard or mouse actions when their assigned keys are depressed. I'm forever chasing problems and trying to get it to function correctly. I might just go back to Logitech, at least their software works.

Given that iCUE is basically the linchpin of the Corsair ecosystem, I don't understand why Corsair would find this level of unreliability to be acceptable. After all, if iCUE sucks, then it devalues ALL of their products.