Corsair Community

iCUE ELITE CAPELLIX Faq and Setup Info

Zotty

10 hours ago, LeDoyen said:

Apparently it's finally coming this month

We shall see.

They already have that functionality in the Commander Core XT though. So one can be hopeful that it's a simple port.

image.thumb.png.ddadcfb064149ecf12859fdc02e378f3.png

• 2 weeks later...

image links fixed and edits made. more to follow 🙂

On 9/13/2021 at 9:52 PM, Zotty said:

image links fixed and edits made. more to follow 🙂

Hi Zotty,

I want to replace my H115i RGB Platinum with the new Capelix (like the pump design).

I currently have a CoPro with 6 LL fans (including the AIO - I've replaced the ML), many LED strips, etc..

What would be the best way to connect the new AIO with the CoCo? I don't want to replace the CoPro.

And I would like everything to be the same as now, all colors are synced perfectly and can control speed, etc..

On 10/28/2020 at 3:14 AM, c-attack said:

You can run it through the Commander Pro's pass through ports or directly to the MB. Normally, it doesn't matter but some AMD boards are picky.

However, no matter what the Commander Pro and Commander Core will still be separate devices. There is no way to link or merge the fans lighting patterns together into one group, aside from the Lighting Link functionality.

This is terrible. So I guess Corsair just lost a client, since I won't be buying the new AIO if it won't sync with my CoPro as it used to do with the H115i RGB Platinum.

This will probably ruin all my lighting profiles as well.

1 hour ago, Titan777 said:

I won't be buying the new AIO if it won't sync with my CoPro as it used to do with the H115i RGB Platinum.

The quote you’re referencing is about running sequential and continuous lighting patterns through multiple devices. That is not the same as synchronization where each device exhibits the same lighting pattern at the same time. Synchronization can be done on most devices by copying the lighting effect to the other device via the Lighting Library, although LED count and geometry still matter. 

On 9/20/2021 at 8:44 PM, c-attack said:

The quote you’re referencing is about running sequential and continuous lighting patterns through multiple devices. That is not the same as synchronization where each device exhibits the same lighting pattern at the same time. Synchronization can be done on most devices by copying the lighting effect to the other device via the Lighting Library, although LED count and geometry still matter. 

Thanks for clearing this out.

Can you help with my other question above? Thanks.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:21 PM, Titan777 said:

Can you help with my other question above? Thanks.

The Elite series requires the Commander Core to work. The pump gets its power and directions through that device, so it must be there. However, if you are looking to have the least amount of programming changes possible, you would leave the Commander Pro as is and then add the Com Core with no fans on the RGB side. I would keep the PWM connectors for the radiator fans on the Com Core so they can use the native coolant temp sensor in the pump. Otherwise it requires active software to fetch the data from pump to Com Core to C-Pro. The Com Core will show up in CUE with the OLED face making it just like your current set up. Pump speed and pump RGB adjusted there along with two radiator fan speeds.  Case fans and all fan RGB on the C-Pro. 

I am assuming you will not use the new ML-Elite fans and keep your LL. That is fine and the reason for leaving the C-Pro installed as the RGB controller. If you move the RGB to the Com Core, you will need to re-program or copy the lighting effect from C-Pro to Com Core for each profile. It does not inherit previously created lighting effects from other controllers. To do this you leave both controllers connected and move the fans over to the Com Core so you can see the result. As long as the C-Pro has LLx6 in the lighting setup the saved lighting effects will be in the effects list and can be transferred via the library. Once that is done, the Commander Pro could be removed. 

Edited by c-attack
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, c-attack said:

The Elite series requires the Commander Core to work. The pump gets its power and directions through that device, so it must be there. However, if you are looking to have the least amount of programming changes possible, you would leave the Commander Pro as is and then add the Com Core with no fans on the RGB side. I would keep the PWM connectors for the radiator fans on the Com Core so they can use the native coolant temp sensor in the pump. Otherwise it requires active software to fetch the data from pump to Com Core to C-Pro. The Com Core will show up in CUE with the OLED face making it just like your current set up. Pump speed and pump RGB adjusted there along with two radiator fan speeds.  Case fans and all fan RGB on the C-Pro. 

I am assuming you will not use the new ML-Elite fans and keep your LL. That is fine and the reason for leaving the C-Pro installed as the RGB controller. If you move the RGB to the Com Core, you will need to re-program or copy the lighting effect from C-Pro to Com Core for each profile. It does not inherit previously created lighting effects from other controllers. To do this you leave both controllers connected and move the fans over to the Com Core so you can see the result. As long as the C-Pro has LLx6 in the lighting setup the saved lighting effects will be in the effects list and can be transferred via the library. Once that is done, the Commander Pro could be removed. 

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed reply.

So basically I just need to keep the CoCore + CoPro and connect all RGB's to the CoPro.

The only thing to connect to the CoCore is the Elite Capelix PWM fans. (doesn't require a fan hub?).

And everything should work and look the same as now with the H115i Platinum. Correct?

Edited by Titan777

Yes, leave the RGB connector on the LL fans on the Commander Pro.  That is essential to avoiding a redo on all lighting profiles.  The PWM side is completely separate.  You definitely want the 2 radiator fans on the Commander Core for coolant temp based control.  The other case fans can be moved (PWM wire only) to the Com Core if you want the other case fans to run from coolant temp too or they can stay where they are on the Commander Pro using whatever method you currently employ.  

The Commander Core is a RGB Lighting Hub inside of a 6 fan PWM controller, along with the special pump connector on the end.  All of the "Core" products have that RGB Lighting Hub built in, but at a cost of 6 fans per device as opposed to the 2x6 you can do on a Commander or Lighting Node Pro.  

The essential functionality of the Com Core is the same and the Elite works the same way as a Platinum, but the interface might feel a bit different at first.  Basically they have taken the internal fan and RGB controller from the Platinum and made it external, while also expanding it out from 2 to 6 fans.  That is a win for most everyone.  

Recent diagram i did for a User with a 1000D  22 RGB fans.H150i elite in Push/pull config.  1 Commander Pro and 3 RGB Fan LED hubs (2 cloned hubs and 2 cloned fans on the none cloned hub)

Cloned means using splitters cables either on the hubs or on the fans

1247947101_ottoflowerdiagram.thumb.png.86d1d253349ba9cdf0bc9f97919aeaae.png

I bought the H150i ELITE and I'm currently very disappointed. It makes a high pitch noise under load that is annoying. Making noise is ok when you put your ear next to the case. In normal occasion when you go just a little far you don't hear the noises anymore, but this noise because is high pitch it goes far and very annoying. I'm going to try 2 more ways to mount it in the case (5000X) to see if it's vibration with the case. If it continues, I will go with another brand AIO and I have to say that you should avoid this line.

Edited by Zodler
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if the hoses on the 170 AIO cooler will reach the CPU socket in 1000D case?

I bought the case when it first came out hoping to use the 360mm adapter bracket for the top of the case but it was never available. Now i see they are making a 420mm AIO and im curious if they made it to work as a top mounted cooler in the 1000D.

thanks in advance! 

OK Zotty, C-Attack and Dev-Biker, resident Corsair Experts!!

I assume you've seen the launch of the ELITE LCD Cappellix upgrade Kit. I've already Clicked the "Notify me when available' link on the website for my Elite Cappellix H150i. 

One simply removes the current LED module on top of the pump unit and replaces it with the magnetically attached LCD Screen Module.

What are the chances that those of us who go this upgrade path and then have a spare LED Module for our Cappellix....could turn said spare Cappellix LED Module into a Cool RGB Corsair Logo affixed on the inside or outside of our cases via a custom cable connected to an appropriate RGB port on our CoCo,s or CoPro;s or LNC etc and set up as an LL120 fan or whatever?

I like the sound of of using the old LED module as an RGB logo it would look cool somewhere on my desk!

Lets hope it will be easy to do.

edits made and info added to include Corsair Elite LCD Upgrade Kit

Store link

UK
https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/iCUE-ELITE-CPU-Cooler-LCD-Display-Upgrade-Kit/p/CW-9060056-WW

Edited by Zotty