Corsair Community

problem with screws for h115i elite

Parmenedes

I am building a new computer and am having trouble with the screws for the h115i elite capellix liquid cooler. The screws seem to be too long, or the holes in the radiator aren't deep enough. They won't screw all the way through the included fans and into the radiator. I am installing them as per the instructions (and I've installed multiple corsair liquid coolers in the past as well). The screws just kind of stop about a quarter of an inch before the heads hit the fan grommets. It's like they're hitting a steel barrier deep inside the screw hole or something. I've taken them apart and made sure everything was lining up properly a couple of times, and at this point a couple of the screws are pretty much stripped because I couldn't get them to go any further. The radiator is not firmly connected to the fans - there is space between them, and it rattles as a result. Not sure what to do at this point.

Edit for clarity: it's not every hole but rather about 3 or 4 of them that have this problem.

Edited by Parmenedes

With the radiator on the table, see if you can screw one end fan in and watch the screw depth. The new radiators may very well have "screw guard" metal plates to keep you from puncturing the fins. However more force than expected for the screws was a complaint on the Platinum/XT models and the radiator is from the same partner. It most likely takes a dead center tap to get the screw through on the first try and I also expect the screw length is specifically chosen so you cannot reach the fins through the fan. Once you can see the max screw depth, you may be more comfortable with the process. Edited by c-attack