Corsair Community

CWC100 Watercooling kit

catkicker

Pump not pumping; Followed instructions filled with coolant tilted pump no air came out water in both outlet & inlet hoses. power hooked up to it like directions say. (except for blue wire have no idea what its for other then a

sensor maybe, nothing in manuel about blue wire.) Tried repeating tilting pump and then turning power on, still not pumping I cant even tell if the thing is running, no noise, no vibration. Now just so you know I have my main 20pin power cable jumped so I can power up PSU and run fans and PUMP.

Motherboard has no power to it, wanted to run WC'ing for a few hours to see if theres leaks. Any suggestions?

If there is no vibration from the pump (should be minimal anyway), please try connecting it to another rail from your PSU. The pump should be almost silent in its operation, only a slight vibration should be felt. Since you only have the accessories powered is the fan working? The blue wire is a tach output for the pump. You can plug it into any empty 3-pin fan connector on your MB and monitor the pump RPM's.

Well I've had this case everywhich way I can tilt it the pump has coolant in it

I have coolant through all the lines now except for about 4" on both sides of GPU block I took the CPU block is hanging and it has been purged of any air.

resevoir has coolant cap off, cap on nothing. I've spent at 3 to 4 hours on this. Tell me that not typical of this system/ pump. I cant tell if the pump is running the fan is working fine. I'm starting to become somewhat irritated with this.

Is the fan working at all?

Yes

I hooked that tach ouput wire(blue) to my enermax 6 channel fan controller it's reading 0 rpm's on the pump. I have plugged the thing into every plug I can, nothing. At this point I'll take a wild guess at it and say pump does not work. Looks like another $80.00 or so out the window If I want this up and running soon.

RMA the pump. There will be no problem with Corsair getting you a new pump. Just contact the RMA department with the requested information and they will send you a new one.

Well sent them the info. Ughh its Friday will be Monday before anything gets started. I'm thinking about ordering another pump can have Wed. Have no idea how they are on RMA process but when it gets here I'll have a spare pump.

Thank's all for the help.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I've had this case everywhich way I can tilt it the pump has coolant in it

I have coolant through all the lines now except for about 4" on both sides of GPU block I took the CPU block is hanging and it has been purged of any air.

resevoir has coolant cap off, cap on nothing. I've spent at 3 to 4 hours on this. Tell me that not typical of this system/ pump. I cant tell if the pump is running the fan is working fine. I'm starting to become somewhat irritated with this.

I would say that this is typical that the pumps are poor, but maybe its just us two that have problems

Just to let you know, Ive had allsorts of problems with my pump also, was told that i was probably the only one out of tens of thousands who had a fault, and that they were extremeley reliable.

Obviously not. Because it was tricky for me to RMA my pump i just bought a new one, cross fingers this appears ok at the moment. Yes indeed all the newer pumps have a blue wire for rotational detection

Probably will eventually buy someone elses pump.. Reliable ( NOT).

Any way good luck even though the pumps are not in my opinion reliable, the performance given by the COOL is very good.

PeteB

If the pumps overall were not reliable, then this forum would be flooded with complaining posters. 2 out of thousands does not a problem make, it just means that life is not perfect.

Yes you could be right.

I guess its just annoying when you have problems.

Its probably not fair to say something is reliable untill its been on the market long enough to be proved reliable..

Anyway my new pump is still working ok so im happy, but obviously it would be nice for everybody to be happy..

Ive overclocked my 3500 chip to 2.64ghz well happy.

I also found it quicker to buy a new pump than return it... No one likes to wait when they have new kit to play with...............

Good luck

PeteB

Sorry about your troubles with the pump. Guess we were the 2 unlucky guys

that got bad pumps, that is pretty good track record for the pump even if we are the 2 that got the duds LOL. Oh well. guess its a roll of the dice anytime you buy online, and RMA'ing well thats a roll of the dice to. Great OC. by the way I have a 3200+newcastle on a DFI UT nF3250GB MB. 2.5Ghz is my mark

right now. Now that I have new MEM. I 'm hoping to get a bit further then 2.5Ghz

that got bad pumps, that is pretty good track record for the pump even if we are the 2 that got the duds LOL. Oh well. guess its a roll of the dice anytime you buy online, and RMA'ing well thats a roll of the dice to. Great OC. by the way I have a 3200+newcastle on a DFI UT nF3250GB MB. 2.5Ghz is my mark

right now. Now that I have new MEM. I 'm hoping to get a bit further then 2.5Ghz

2.5ghz is an excellent overclock for a 3200, what are your temps.

Not sure how far to up my voltages, currently using 1.562, could maybe go to 1.6v, trying to stay below 45c

So far new pump working ok, from cold can take a little longer to start up than normal.

once you have had a pump fault you tend to keep an eye on the pump on start up to make sure it comes on ok.

eventually i should be able to take it for granted it works ok.

Hoping to extend the system to my northbridge and GPU(graphics card)

cheers

did you get your new pump ok, is it working ok

Pete.

HI

I noticed today another chap with a faulty pump

Looks like after a little while they do give problems eh?

Makes 4 now, whilst this is still only a small amount, maybe this will get the manufacturers to take a look at their design.

bye

PeteB

My second pump has now failed

Have put back on my heatsink and fan

Pete B

Got my 2.5GHz on one stick of 512 on 2x512 I have to run 9:10 divider, memory

ruuning a bit slower but timmings 2-2-2-5 1T 2.8V 48degressC. durring prime95 testing idle and gaming mid 30's low 40's I think on one stick of 512 I can hit 2.6GHz. stable. By the way to to a bit of a snafu at Corsair My new pump was overnited to me last week. I'm not sure if I'm going to switch out pumps right now. I'm already looking at some more extreme cooling options ;):

And a big thumbs up to Corsairs people who sought to resolve the problem as quicly as possiable.

Archived