Corsair Community

Memory failure

iisan7

Hi Ramguy,

I am a longtime fan of corsair xms memory. I've used it since one 256mb dimm was enough for most uses, until I had to buy another one. Then the problems began.

The first stick was CMX256A-2700C2, running at 333mhz on my K6T Soyo dragon mobo. Later I bought and installed CMX256A-3000C2. The Soyo system ended up getting taken apart after it stopped booting. I figured it was processor failure, seeing as I'd used that Athlon XP 1900+ for a long time. I got a Soltek EQ3801 barebones system and installed a new-from-box athlon 64.

That was almost a year ago. I still haven't gotten the EQ3801 to start. I've removed all peripherals, no start. I've checked the processor in another computer and it works. The power goes on and the lights light up, but nothing goes to the screen. I've removed the HDD to see if it'll boot off a floppy but no dice. I replaced the video card in case that was the problem, still no booting of any sort.

Nobody has been able to get the thing to start. I RMA'd the mobo all the way back to Taiwan and they said it was fine. So I'm left with the memory. I've tried both sticks alone in both dimm slots as well as both sticks in both dimms. Nothing. I was reluctant to believe that the memory was the problem -- neither dimm working is suspicious. But now I'm thinking maybe the reason my Athlon XP 1900+ system 'died' was actually bad memory. I'd like to RMA both sticks:

(1) CMX256A-2700C2. XMS2702v1.2. 0342060.

(2) CMX256A-3000C2. XMS3000v1.1. 021744.

If you have any ideas, I'm stumped...

Thanks for your help.

iisan7

• Corsair Employees

I would submit the RMA request be email and see if they can match the modules we send back to you since you are using them in the same system.

Please either call our customer service at 888-222-4346 and dial "0" or follow the link in my signature "If you have submitted the RMA using the on line form and have not got a reply!"

Thanks. I've sent the email.

I hope you know how much we Corsair customers appreciate you.

Future upgrades will be to Corsair memory only. Speedy memory _and_ speedy service! Who would have guessed?

Archived