Corsair Community

Is the ram compatible with my mobo?

Robbo

having had a pc for only a year ive decided to upgrade my memory. I have a athlon64 3.2 and 6800 ultra g card but the problem comes in the form of my motherboard. I ran a memory guide on the main site for my asus kv8 se mobo. The list was quite long and eventually i went for the 1gb(2x512mb) twinx-xl ddr pc3200xlpro with low latencies.

I then ordered them from scan computers , still waiting for them to arrive i came back on the corsair site and to my horror think ive made a bad mistake.My mobo is socket 754 and the ram is compatible with 939socket boards (dual channel) wereas mine i think is sinle channel.

being a noob i would be grateful if u could clear up this mess for me so that i can send them back before i try them.

cheers :[pouts:

• Corsair Employees

These modules should run great in that MB, just make sure you have the latest bios and then install them in slots 1-3 or 2-3 and set the following timings and you should be good to go.

Dim Voltage to + 2.8 Volts:

CAS Latency CL=2.0

Row Cycle Time tRC Bios Default

Row Refresh Cyc Time tRFC Bios Default

Ras# to CAS# delay tRCD 3

Row to Row delay Bios Default

Min Ras# Active Time tRAS 11

Row Precharge Time tRP 2

Write Recovery Time Bios Default

Write to Read delay Bios Default

Read to Write Delay Bios Default

Refresh Period tREF Bios Default

Enable 2T Timing Disabled

Then test the system with http://www.memtest.org and make sure it's stable!

There is no such thing as Dual Channel memory, as this is a property of the memory controller in how it handles memory. This is why you can place memory in different slot configurations on a motherboard and it will register as single or dual channel.

Yes, they'll work fine.

My memory has arrived but one more question please. Somebody told me that because i have a single channel mobo and not dual (memory) then the ram will not run at its best and that i probably wont notice much difference than with the value ram i allready have. Is this true? because i am dying to throw the new ram in. ps i was getting jerks in some games hl2 , far cry . And becuase i have good graphic card and chip i figured it must be the ram so this is the reason for my upgrade. cheers

Archived