Corsair Community

Multiple light sequences in Light Channel?

Gloomrat

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to setup multiple light sequences for iCUE software. To be more clear of what I mean, when you use the "Sequence" option, all of the fans will change to the chosen color one at a time in sequential order by making a circle on the fan. My problem with this setting is that when it reaches the last fan, it restarts by instantly swapping all of the fans back to their original color instead of fading back into it, which looks very harsh. What I'm wanting to happen, is have the effect sequentially change from color 1 to color 2, and then make color 2 change back to color 1 in the same manner, instead of just starting the effect over. Can anyone tell me if this is possible? Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

This is not currently possible and would require an update to how the "sequential" lighting effect works when you set custom colors (I've noticed that it'll do what you're looking for when you have it set to random colors).

Thank you for the feedback.

You'll need to do it the hard way and the trick to creating complex lighting patterns is through layering. You can do a real fast base layer "color 1" and then put the Sequential preset single color mode as your "color 2" on top of it. However, that will still end abruptly once it reaches the 6th fan.

In order to make it do what you want, you need to layer down a static base layer of one color and then put a custom wave on top. The top wave will cover the static layer creating one cover over sequence and then create the illusion of the base layer covering over the 2nd as the wave "unwinds".

1) Create the static layer

2) + Custom Wave

3) Pick your color and fill the time box to 100% with two dots

4) Math time - The length of the wave and overall time is dependent on your fan type and the number of LEDs. You need a tail that matches the length of your total fan LEDs. So if you have 6 LL, it's 72 (16 x 6) for the tail. Velocity is up to you, but you must then match the overall lighting time to reflect your choice. Sticking with an easy one, I'll use 16 lights/sec (1 LL per sec), but it needs to be long enough for for the initial wave to make it to the end (all color 2) and then for the wave to unravel back to the end revealing color 1. In this example you can use 10 seconds. That should get you close enough and you can then play with the speed and overall timings to get things were you want.

*QL have 35 LEDs, but their behavior generally mimics the LL and can be programmed the same way in most circumstances using the 16 base.