Corsair Community

Welcome back James. What's Auto Audio Repositioning?

UnEdo

• 2 weeks later...

what it is? all corsair headset support this feature? where can i find the info of this things at official website? what is the difference btw this feature on and off? do we really need this things, for an example, what situation it will be working better when enable it.

why there was without such info, then add such feature in software, u made ppl confused, no any info, headset support or not, no any notices u can find at official site, how bad experience it's the newest ICUE isn't working expectedly, full of bug when using then adding some new feature but ppl did't know their headset support or not......

never see such bad services after purchase. Corsair need to improving customer services, or it just made ppl who are using ur produect, mad, upset and angry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

Sorry for the delay, I do owe you all an explanation:

When an application plays 8 channel stream, we apply our surround sound in multi-channel mode to it. When it is 2 channel stream, we apply our surround sound in 2 channel mode to it. This applies to 2.0, 5.1, and 7.1.

However, some applications feed us 8 channel stream, but in fact play only stereo, and we detect this. It's a problem with applications like Chrome/Youtube that despite registering the source as multichannel, the actual audio stream is two channel. To compensate for this, we change Dolby Headphone / 7.1 Nahemic surround depending on the actual stream content rather than its channels number and currently this is always on. But since some users report issues with this feature, we allowed them to disable it through "Auto Audio Repositioning". This will also solve some of the sound problems with games like Overwatch, for example.

TL;DR: We recommend to leave this feature on to get the most of your surround sound, but if you have issues with audio from certain applications that don't work well with surround sound because of how they stream multi-channel audio in two channel mode, you can disable it.

I hope this helps.