Corsair Community

Bricked my PC - H60

sizoxe

So I’ve had a H60 Corsair connected to my cpu on a asus p8z77-v pro for a couple of years. A month ago it started making this super loud grinding noise. Nonetheless the H60 was working, temps was ok but noise persisted. Disconnected all the fans and found the problem to be the H60 itself, not the fan connected to the radiator or the radiator.

So its most likely Air bubbles that I cant get out. Today i did something stupid. I tried to look in the bios for a setting, and it was running 4200 RPM as it should. On the main menu on the Asus motherboard you can choose between Power Saving - Normal - Optimal.

It has been on normal for quite a while, but I thought I could try it on Optimal. Keep in mind the grinding noise persisted so I know the H60 was on. When i Saved and booted on Optimal, the noise stopped, and booted. But then I saw the temps for the cpu and they were up to 100C. So changing it to optimal made it turn off the H60 (???). I’ve tried to turn it on normal and boot it up again but the H60 wont turn on nonetheless and I have effectivly bricked my pc, since it turns off after a couple of minutes due to high temps.

I am going to buy a completely different system in oktober so I just need a soulution that turns on the h60 again, please help.

In the BIOS, find the Qfan control for CPU fan or wherever the pump power lead is connected. Set it to “Full Speed” or “disabled”. The exact language varies by motherboard model and which part of the BIOS you’re in. Both will force 12v/100% power to the pump.

People often ask if it’s really necessary to set the fan control to disabled or full speed vs dragging all the dots to 100% or simply setting the header to PWM to create 12v. This is one of the reasons why. Some of the Asus power saving features will override a manual fan setting. They should not override the disabled/full speed toggle.