Corsair Community

8 LL120 Fans on Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI miniATX

Anrod

Hi,

I am currently planning a new build. I know how to put a basic PC together, but i am pretty new to the RGB stuff. My previous builds were quite muted, but i got that RGB craving for quite some time now :biggrin:

I am not completely sure how the setup with the Corsair RGB system works, so please help me out with this.

I am planning to get the following config:

Motherboard:

GigaByte X570 AORUS PRO WIFI miniATX

Cooler:

Corsair H100i RGB Platinum 240mm (white)

Case:

Corsair Crystal Series 280x RGB (white)

Additional fans:

4 LL120 RGB (white)

I got these in a 3 fan Bundle and a single fan.

So in total we have 8 LL120 RGB Fans. 2 fans from the case, 2 fans from the Cooler and 4 additional fans. Afaik, the Case and the 3 fan bundle should contain a lightning node and a rgb fan led hub each. If i understand the system correctly, i am missing a few 4 pin connectors and a USB 2.0 port on the motherboard. Would a commander pro and a few PWM splitters solve this? (Commander pro in MB USB, USB from cooler into the Commander pro. PWM splitters (1 to 2) and the Commander pro for power supply. 2 RGB fan led hubs on the commander pro for the rgb fan shenanigans)

Please review my config and point out any missing parts that i need to make this work. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Edited by Anrod

• Corsair Employees
Hey Anrod, you're right on track. The Commander PRO would give you 2 more USB headers and some PWM splitters would work. Take note, each PWM header on the Commander PRO can output up to 1A and the 6 headers can collectively output 4A together. Each LL120 fan draws 0.3A.