Corsair Community

ASUS A8N SLI Delux

umarmalik

Hi,

I have bought an ASUS A8N SLI Delux motherboard and I want to install the fastest and mximum amount of memeory this product will support. Which CORSAIR product can I use to attain maximum performance and install maximum RAM.

Umar

I would suggest one set of Twinx2048-3200C2 for best performance with this MB.

Thanks for the info RAM GUY, but wound't that limit me to a maximum of 2 GB. Would I be able to add another set of Twinx2048-3200C2 later to maximize the RAM to 4 GB?. I intend to use my machine for both gaming and software development so I want to leave room to upgrade later without wasting my investment in RAM that I buy now.

Umar

• Corsair Employees
With Windows any application would not have access to more than 2.0 Gig of memory so you may not have any bennifit with more than 2 modules and you may need to run the memory at DDR333 with all four slots filled.

• 3 weeks later...

RAM GUY:

You're the man, so I would argue with your answer!

However I would like to know why you recommend the 3200C2 over the 3200XL.

Personally I have the 3200XL in the same mobo, did I spend unnessesary money on them? I was in the believe that AMD systems gained alot from as low timings as possible.

Sorry for interrupting in the thread, but it seemed like you both had finished 'speaking' :)

Archived