Corsair Community

iCUE Stops working after a while, requires restart of iCUE.exe via Task Manager

Quinnell

Starting about a month ago, my iCUE software seems to stop working after a while. I notice it because my headset no longer uses verbal announcements like "Microphone muted" and my keyboard RGB doesn't react to button-presses.

I see iCUE in the System Tray but cannot open the GUI or get the right-click menu to come up; I have to use Task Manager to kill iCUE.exe and relaunch the program to get it working normally again.

I haven't narrowed down a specific cause. This is on a desktop with no Sleep mode enabled. The computer is just set to go to the lock screen after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Edited by Quinnell

This may be able to be fixed by (re)moving the contents of the plugins directory under iCue. I recall something about the Aura plugin being broken somehow, so I shut down iCue, moved the contents of plugins out, and restarted iCue. It would previously freeze up multiple times a day, and now it's been good for 72 hours.

I recall needing to do this in the past, and things going bad again after upgrading iCue, so it may need to be done after every upgrade.

Somebody may also want to investigate whether upgrading Aura stuff or other related lighting software corrects it.

• Confused 1

This may be able to be fixed by (re)moving the contents of the plugins directory under iCue. I recall something about the Aura plugin being broken somehow, so I shut down iCue, moved the contents of plugins out, and restarted iCue. It would previously freeze up multiple times a day, and now it's been good for 72 hours.

I recall needing to do this in the past, and things going bad again after upgrading iCue, so it may need to be done after every upgrade.

Somebody may also want to investigate whether upgrading Aura stuff or other related lighting software corrects it.

I actually disabled my AURA plugin as a test and iCUE has been stable for the last several days. Seems like that was the problem..

• Corsair Employees
Thanks for checking that. I'll check in with our team to see what could be going on. Do you recall which version of AURA it was? I believe that ASUS may have moved on to "Armoury Crate" software so that may be worth a try to see if ASUS have implemented any fixes on their end.

Aura doesn't tell me what version it is - even checking Aura.exe Properties didn't tell me a version. It launches as a standalone app - not part of Armoury Crate as far as I can tell. I found an installer that suggests v1.07.79.

ASUS Plugin was a download from Corsair. v1.2.1.0 on the asus_plugin.dll