Corsair Community

iCUE Not recognizing Corsair Software

Mokey II

Randomly the iCue software will error out on the hardware I own and no longer keep my presets.

I use a Corsair K95 RGB keyboard and a Corsair Scimitar mouse. I've updated software and device drivers. The only work around is to unplug my device and plug it back in. And even then it's a 50% chance it will work.

Restarting doesn't fix the issue either.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, is there a fix for this? I've been dealing with this for almost a year now and it happens quite often.

• Corsair Employees
I'm having the same exact problem. @mokey did you ever find a fix? swapping usb ports hasn't helped

Any chance your motherboard chipset has an update available? It may be worth a shot to download the latest chipset driver package from Intel/AMD and see if that helps. Additionally, you can check your power plan settings and see if there are any power savings options enabled that would affect USB.

Any chance your motherboard chipset has an update available? It may be worth a shot to download the latest chipset driver package from Intel/AMD and see if that helps. Additionally, you can check your power plan settings and see if there are any power savings options enabled that would affect USB.

I've updated everything @Corsair CJ, I've swapped USB ports 100x for the past year. It's a frugal process, but getting really annoying.

It's sad because I love the hardware. But the software has hindered my gameplay since my 1st corsair keyboard.

Edited by Mokey II

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the long response time, Corsair forums aren't exactly on my check every day list :)

System Specs updated.

How do I bring the logs into the forums? It's a Zip File.

Keyboard Firmware: 3.33.246

Mouse Firmware: 3.14

Mousepad Firmware 1.02.50

iCue Software Version: 3.32.80 (Pre-existing issue with previous versions also)

Also note, Macros on the mouse randomly stop working. The only way to fix this is to restart iCUE, then that problem is fixed. Happens 2-4 times within a 4 hour session.

I've also tried things like resetting the keyboard with holding the esc key method and it also seems to keep an onboard profile with red lighting. But that profile isn't in the software.

Also keep in mind I use peripherals. JIC conflictions, IDK. I'm throwing mud at the wall.

Logitech G13 Gamepad

Steel Series Arctic Pro headset

Edited by Mokey II

After updating to the new software version 3.33.246 Multi-Key Presses with the mouse and mouse and keyboard combined don't keep the mouse button pressed.

I created another post JIC

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1063833#post1063833

This may not seem like an issue, but when you use Push to Talk, it's EXTREMELY IRRITATING due to never transmitting because the keyboard is constantly sending keystrokes when doing ANYTHING. Movement, Typing, Navigating, etc...

To add, I REALLY love Corsair's hardware, however iCUE and working drivers have proven very problematic over the years. I want to find a fix for the issues that I've been dealing with for a long time and this new extremely irritating mouse button press issue.. If I cannot, I will have to result into changing manufacturers. Which for me is sad, because every piece of hardware is perfect in terms of how it is made. But if the software/drivers are continuously this problematic and I have to jump through hoops to get things to work as intended, then at that point, it's just not worth it.

I get on my computer for work and gaming. I pretty much live on it AHAHA.

I hope we can find a solution because I'm at my wits end. I'm not computer illiterate, I actually have worked in I.T. for many years, from help desk tech to net admin. So please, let it flow. Let's see if we can come to a solution :)

Edited by Mokey II