Corsair Community

011D XL and QL120 fans (9-10) - how to hook up

Space_Viking114

So I've been reading over and over some of the threads and looking at the wiring diagrams that people have been posting in multiple threads and while I think I'm starting to understand better how I need to hook up all my fans...I'm still a little lost when it comes to my h100i. The main issue is because a lot of the diagrams have a 360mm radiator and the h100i is only a 240mm so I've got an extra fan below it to give the impression of a 360.

I have two fan set ups in mind that I'm thinking about going with...

(1)

Bottom x3

Side x3 (h100i + 120mm)

Top x3

Rear x1

(2)

Bottom x3

Side x3 (h100i + 120mm)

Top x3

I want to control the lighting and speed, that's the end goal. I purchased a Commander Pro so that will be here in a few days and I want to have a solid plan on how I'll hook it all up. I also have 3 Lighting Node Cores (LNC) that came with the 3 pack of fans that I bought. With the two layouts I have above, do I have all the tools that I will need? I haven't purchased any extra splitters or 3to1 connectors I saw in some other videos. From my understanding and the diagrams I should be good.

I can plug 6 of the fans in order in to a LNC to control the lights then that in to Commander Pro which will help me control the fan speeds right? The other 1 or 2 fans will be the same situation with another LNC and then the h100i will all plug in to the Commander Pro? I may have butchered that thought process. This is the first time I've ever actually added fans/had a fanless case from the start.

From what I've seen, everyone on these forums are pretty chill and extremely helpful with these wiring setups even though there's multiples of them over and over heh. Thank you. FYI, on the side I moved the radiator to the top of it and the 120mm below it because I was informed that will help the radiator function more efficiently.

1313338038_Casesetup.thumb.jpg.53b4df93bf3cfd733477f850b2ec8a5f.jpg

You have everything that you need and seem to have a good handle on how it'll all work and plug together. You will need some PWM Splitters if you want all of the fans on the CoPro (which should be do-able).

You'll also have 2 lighting channels available on that Commander Pro. Because you'll need more lighting - like strips. You don't have those on your list but ... it'll happen. Probably sooner rather than later. It's addictive. You've been warned. ;-)

Fan speed control - 7 fans on the Commander (1 x 2-way PWM splitter) + 2 on the H100ifan controller. There is no benefit to putting the 2 radiator fans on the Commander. They will be fully programmable from the H100i Tab and this also ensures they do what they're supposed to, with or without the software running.

Lighting - 2 Cores. You'll need to split them up into a group of 6 + 3. It doesn't matter which way it goes and the lighting is independent of fan control. My preference on this case is to put the top and bottom fans together with the side on it's own circuit/controller. However, this is fairly easy to change no matter which you set it up. Understand each controller will act like a separate group. The 6 will run their lighting effect from 1-6. The other three will run their effects 7-8-9.