Corsair Community

PSU Chirping Sound

Dicehunter

• Corsair Employee
Noticed an odd chirping sound coming from my PSU, I recorded it but upped the mics sensitivity, I can hear it in a silent room, Cause for alarm ?

System is stable, iCUE shows everything is good etc...

What PSU? What graphics card? When does it do it? When under load (benchmarks or games) or all of the time? What is your mains voltage (low 115V or high 230V)?

What PSU? What graphics card? When does it do it? When under load (benchmarks or games) or all of the time? What is your mains voltage (low 115V or high 230V)?

PSU - Corsair RMi 1000w - Stock cables.

GPU - AMD RX-5700XT - Not Overclocked

Time - It's constant, Idle, Load, Makes no difference.

Mains Voltage - UK so 230v

• Corsair Employee
PSU - Corsair RMi 1000w - Stock cables.

GPU - AMD RX-5700XT - Not Overclocked

Time - It's constant, Idle, Load, Makes no difference.

Mains Voltage - UK so 230v

Ah.. Perfect. Thanks.

Unfortunately, the noise is somewhat common. It's the PFC choke coil. At high mains voltage, the frequency is within the audible range.

It shouldn't be too loud. If it is, something went wrong during the lamination process. But a very faint chirp is not highly unusual.

Ah.. Perfect. Thanks.

Unfortunately, the noise is somewhat common. It's the PFC choke coil. At high mains voltage, the frequency is within the audible range.

It shouldn't be too loud. If it is, something went wrong during the lamination process. But a very faint chirp is not highly unusual.

Thanks for the reply it's much appreciated, It's only really audible when I put my head around the side of the case where the PSU is situated in the Corsair 680X and when the room is very quiet, And even then it's very feint, I turned the sensitivity on the mic up just to give an idea.

Again thanks for the info, Put my mind at ease :):