Corsair Community

Please Help!!

Zacquel

I recently recieved a Corsair water cooling unit as a gift. I spent a few hours and followed all the directions and now all that happens is my computer powers on for a second or two then shuts off, the water pump does flow though. I thought it might be because I didn't have anything plugged into the CPU Fan place on the motherboard, so I tried hooking up my old one to see if that would work. It did not. The only two things I could think that it would be would be:

1. The Radiator fan seems not to turn. I don't know why it would power off so fast thought if that were the only thing.

2. There was a spot on the radiator that was sort of "pushed in" where it got pressed up against the heat sink during shipping. It looked like it was only cosmetic though, so I decided to use anyway.

Here are the specs on the computer.

P4EE 3.73 w/ 1066 FSB

Asus P5ad2-E Premium Motherboard

Corsair XMS2 Pro series DDR2 Memory

Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum

DVD +/- R/RW DL drive

DVD/CD-RW drive

PS the system did work prior to installing the water cooling unit and I did not notice any leaks

How long is the system on for before it shuts down? If it is only for a few seconds it sounds as if the system thinks it is overheating. On the LGA775 installation it is necessary to make sure that the short legs of the retention bracket are located over the CPU socket handle. The step portion of the block should be located over the handle as well. If it is not the block may touch some of the surrounding mother board components.

That is a pretty nice system you have there. Is the fan working now? If it is still not check to make sure that the fan grill is not pressed against the fan blades stopping it from spinning. If it is not obstructed the next step would be to check the power connection(try another 4-pin molex connector from the power supply on another rail).

That is a pretty nice system you have there. Is the fan working now? If it is still not check to make sure that the fan grill is not pressed against the fan blades stopping it from spinning. If it is not obstructed the next step would be to check the power connection(try another 4-pin molex connector from the power supply on another rail).

Thanx. It is a nice system. No the fan didn't work at all so I just ended up replacing it with a new one and everything works fine now.

ithinks the cool set needs a some sticker saying "THIS SIDE OUT" on the dome side of grill so not to hold fan........like alot of :eek: noobies have done.

Zacquel his/her gain :D: gotten cool water system an quite now your all wet :laughing: great kicking box :):

Archived