Corsair Community

Bad part, need RMA

dclaar

I have a cmx512-2700c2pt part. The Memtest-86 v3.1 that comes with SuSE 9.1 shows failures with this part. It does not show failures with either of the other modules I have, either in tandem or alone. For the purposes of this test, I put it in with a PC2100 part. The bios selected DDR 266, and the parameters:

CAS Latency: 2

Active to precharge delay: 6

DRAM RAS# to CAS# delay: 3

DRAM RAS# Precharge: 3

I am running a P4 2.40 Ghz (133x18.0) with Award BIOS v6.00PG

Other numbers that show up on boot:

(6A69VD1C) CFI-S969L.P02.01.00-V1.00

This is a FIC VG61 box.

Memtest shows:

L1 cache: 8k

L2 cache: 512k

Memory: 1024M 844Mb/sec

The memory shows errors at:

0002f05189C 752.0 MB

000226f04d4 550.0 MB (multiple times)

When running by itself, or with my other 2700 part, I get a lot more errors, faster...

I puchased the memory from Microcenter on May 22, 2004.

Do you need any other information?

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I thought I was following the instructions in the link: Post on the support forum, wait for a response. Did I do it wrong? (That's the one right before "contact the retailer". I cheated: ;): Microcenter has already said "don't talk to us, talk to the hand, err, manufacturer"). The next step is to request an RMA. Should I consider the "use the link" response as having contacted tech support? (And since Ram Guy is not currently online, it is spookily like the spirit of Obi Wan speaking... :laughing: )

He's invisible like you dclaar :)

Yep, you've just gotten approval for an RMA. Continue to the next step:

Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!

I Think I Have a Bad Part. What Do I Do?

The RMA request can be made three ways:

A link to our online form can be found here. Complete the form, and submit it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

OR you can print the PDF version and fax it to Corsair. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

An editable Excel version can be found here. Complete the form and email it to RMA@corsairmemory.com. You will receive a response within 24 hours, usually sooner.

You can also call them @ 1-888-222-4346.

• Corsair Employees

Please follow the directions under "I think I have a bad module" under this forum or if you have trouble, Please send us a email with a copy of the form or all of your info name address and phone# and the Module part# and copy the link to this post and email it to Rma@corsairmemory.com.

If after 1 day or 24 hours excluding weekends you do not get the rma please email the same to warranty@corsairmemory.com and we will help to resolve it.

Archived