Corsair Community

H110iGT Which Tube is Pump inlet and which is outlet?

Ca1ibos

I watched the latest Gamers Nexus YT video about Pump/Radiator orientation

[ame]

[/ame]

and despite my unusual case and thus pump and radiator orientation, I reckon I am probably good and have inadvertently achieved 'best practice' by accident as my H110iGT has worked flawlessly and silently for 4 years.

Heres some photo's of my case and its orientation.

https://imgur.com/a/32GJ29q

My Corsair Air540 is orientated on its side with the clear side window facing the ceiling and this does indeed put the pump below the level of the radiator. A fellow redditor confirmed my intuition that air if it was to collect at the highest point would be at the top of the flow and return tanks at each end of the Radiator and depending on how much air had permeated into the loop in the last 4 years, if the highest tube is the return to the pump, this could suck air back to the pump whereas if the bottom tube is the return then there is no chance of air thats collected at the tops of the flow and return tanks getting sucked back through the pump.

So the question is this. How can I tell which tube/hose into my CPU/Pump Block is the flow and which is the return?

There's no way to tell by directly looking at it. You would have to disassemble the pump end of it to see which port is in/out for flow. If I had to guess, I would assume that CoolIT model follows the traditional "bottom in, top out" for the side insertion on the pump. Tear downs with a good shot of the pump basin are hard to find. I have not taken any of the CoolIT models apart.

I've just watched this and I don't want to get into nitpicking. However, one thing is for certain... at 4 years if you have not encountered noise or performance issues you don't need to change your set-up or orientation. A lot of what is said in that video pertains to non-monitored AIOs where you cannot differentiate CPU temp from coolant temp easily. You have that value at hand. You can flip the "side radiator" around if you like and see if there is a temperature difference, but my expectation is none.