Corsair Community

8 Fans syncronisation

Michelmich26

So, in German Forum Nobody knows. So sorry for my bad english.

I habe 8 QL Fans in my 680x build. 5 Fans are controlled from Commander Pro and Hub. 3 Fans controlled from another hub.

My Problem:

I want to set the 5 Fans as 1-5 and the other Fans to 6-8.

I want the RGB Effects over all Fans. Not the poor effekts via link.

For Exampel the Effekt Pong over all Fans.

Is that possible?

For stationary effects, this is as simple as setting both controllers to do the same thing. "Color shift blue to green, rainbow wave, etc.". For dynamic, sequential effects that start on one controller and end on another, that requires substantial programming. The two moving pattern in lighting link are Visor and Color wave, which you appear not to favor.

So if you mean run a "blue wave" from fan 1 to fan 8 across multiple controllers, you must program both controllers to sync up. That means initiating the wave on controller 1, then adding a deliberate pause at the end of it equivalent to the time it takes lighting group 2 (fans 6-8) to complete the pattern. Controller 2 then initiates the wave after a pause of "X" number of seconds, as determined by the exact number of LEDs in fans 1-5 and the speed of the wave. It is series of timing calculations with a large number of variables depending on fan type, number of fans, speed of the effect, and complexity of the effect. If you are not eager to do the precise calculations, it will be difficult.

What you cannot do is add other fan specific presets like "Pong" (LL and QL only) and tell it to span multiple controllers. Those specialized effects are localized to the each device.

For stationary effects, this is as simple as setting both controllers to do the same thing. "Color shift blue to green, rainbow wave, etc.". For dynamic, sequential effects that start on one controller and end on another, that requires substantial programming. The two moving pattern in lighting link are Visor and Color wave, which you appear not to favor.

So if you mean run a "blue wave" from fan 1 to fan 8 across multiple controllers, you must program both controllers to sync up. That means initiating the wave on controller 1, then adding a deliberate pause at the end of it equivalent to the time it takes lighting group 2 (fans 6-8) to complete the pattern. Controller 2 then initiates the wave after a pause of "X" number of seconds, as determined by the exact number of LEDs in fans 1-5 and the speed of the wave. It is series of timing calculations with a large number of variables depending on fan type, number of fans, speed of the effect, and complexity of the effect. If you are not eager to do the precise calculations, it will be difficult.

What you cannot do is add other fan specific presets like "Pong" (LL and QL only) and tell it to span multiple controllers. Those specialized effects are localized to the each device.

Maybe you can help with this: I'm still having issues where (1) of the (6) QL Series Fan doesn't lightup???

Originally I had (1) on Slot #1 and all (6) wouldn't lightup, then I started to switch the RGB wires around and finally I have (5) QL Fans RGB working, but that same QL Fan that was connected originally on Slot #1 is now on Slot #6 and it still doesn't lightup??...

I might have to RMA this QL Fan, I hope it won't be an issues since I purchased this as a Tripple Pack and I'm having issues with just a Single.