Corsair Community

H80i plug in where?

rainydayz

I'm just building a new system with an Asus Prime X570-Pro motherboard.

I've fitted an H80i v2, the power connector says to plug into USB. On the motherboard there are headers for AIO_PUMP and W_PUMP+

Can I use the AIO_PUMP instead of using a USB header?

USB connection is required. That's how the device talks to the software. No USB, then no fan/lighting control and no cooler information.

On the H80i v2, that motherboard fan connector is more important as it's the power supply for the pump and fans. It can go on AIO, W_Pump, or CPU fan. Regardless of which you choose, the BIOS fan controls need to be set to 100% or disabled. W_Pump and AIO are preset that way. However, if you use those then you must also disable the CPU fan boot warning system or use another fan there. CPU/OPT were meant for air cooler fans and tend to be fairly reactive. You don't want your case fans on this. For most people, putting the cooler's connector on CPU FAN still makes the most sense and maintains the safety feature.

BIOS QFan - "Full Speed" in EZ BIOS or "disabled" in the Advanced BIOS. Locks power at 12v/100%.

or

Disable CPU boot warning - F7 to Adv. BIOS. Go to the Monitor column. Go down about 10 places until you see a CPU fan RPM speed (likely 0). Press enter and it creates a dialogue box. Choose "ignore". Boot warning disabled.