Corsair Community

Connecting an ML120 directly to NoPro

Fureniku

Hello all,

I'm building my system atm, and I have seven ML120's. You can already see the problem; the fan hub only supports six.

It feels really dumb to have to spend £15 for a six-fan splitter, to then only use one fan. Is there any way for me to connect the RGB connection directly into the Node Pro, maybe through an adaptor or something? Or alternatively, on a 5v ARGB header on the motherboard? (I googled that and some people here screamed no because most headers are 12v, but my motherboard has both 12v and 5v headers available - would a 5v one work, and work with iCUE?)

Thanks!

I don't mind if it's the same "effect", I won't be having individual animations anyway beyond 15 seconds to show off to friends. But that cable is almost as much as the splitter would be so I may as well get the splitter at that price :/

Hoping someone can chip in about the 5v motherboard ARGB header though, that'd be a nice free solution to my problem (and it's even right next to the fan header that's powering it)

This is the cheapest and most effective way to connect the 7th fan. Connecting directly to the MB 5v RGB removes both the controller and current regulator designed for the fans. There are ways to do this and they sell other cables to that effect, but there are no "free" solutions. I am not sure what you think the other option is with "I might as well get the splitter". You would need another lighting channel and another RGB Lighting hub.

*Link corrected. This is the same as originally posted. There are a few other ways to run around in circles, but none of them less expensive or less involved. To be clear, this goes to your RGB Lighting Hub and 2 ML fans share one of the 6 ports.

Edited by c-attack

This is the cheapest and most effective way to connect the 7th fan. Connecting directly to the MB 5v RGB removes both the controller and current regulator designed for the fans. There are ways to do this and they sell other cables to that effect, but there are no "free" solutions. I am not sure what you think the other option is with "I might as well get the splitter". You would need another lighting channel and another RGB Lighting hub.

the link isn't working :(

As for the splitter, I have everything else I'd need, it would just be another splitter but only with one fan plugged in. I was kind of hoping Corsair would have some sort of 4 pin rgb to 3 pin rgb adaptor for this kind of situation tbh to plug a fan directly into a node pro/commander pro, but I guess they make less money that way...