Corsair Community

Using H80i for GPU cooling

Blacksad

Hello!

I'd been reading on Reddit about some people using the smaller CPU coolers (such as the H80i, H60i, etc.) as a GPU cooler in conjunction with something like:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06ZYHRMYP/?coliid=I1ZW8MVBQN1F60&colid=2XW1APY4MDGPS&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I didn't know if anyone had any experience doing this, or if perhaps Corsair themselves made a similar bracket, which I'd prefer.

I'm planning on trying this out when the new GPU's come out in a the next few months.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Corsair previously made one for the 9-series Nvidia GPU generation. It is likely all the new GPUs will require new brackets to fit as well.

Theoretically you can run a 120mm radiator in this "hybrid" liquid cooling mode successfully. I ran a Titan X (pascal) with a simple 120mm and had very good temperatures. However, that was a very well behaved card even at maximum. On this past generation of Turing GPUs, I am not sure 120mm is optimal anymore. There are a few models out there from the factory like this, but user reports put the GPU temps only slightly better than air and considerably above a normal cooling loop. Several other manufacturers upgraded to a 240mm radiator attached. I was running my 2080 Ti on a single 280mm and didn't entirely like the results with coolant temps hitting near 40C in Winter. Rumors at this point suggest the 3000 series will be even more power heavy than the current versions. So will a 120mm work? Yes, but you should not expect miracles or a large reduction in temperature. I guess we'll have to wait and see.