Corsair Community

XMP1 or XMP?

Pepperami

On recent Asus boards, XMP I is the primary timings and voltage from the memory manufacturer's XMP profile, but then it uses the motherboard's programming to create the secondary and tertiary "auto" settings. XMP II will use all the information in the RAM XMP profile, which may include secondary or tertiary timings, depending on the what the manufacturer encodes into the module.

It likely makes little difference. In my experience, the Asus settings tend to be slightly looser following the traditional "make it boot no matter what" philosophy. Corsair typically doesn't add too many additional timings, so differences may be hard to spot and likely just a few secondary values. I would say start with the XMP II full profile from the RAM and if you run into issues, switch to XMP I. The board should load easier values if it has trouble. In the BIOS as you hover over XMP I/II "tuning" at the top of the Advanced BIOS, it should give you a prompt on the bottom of the screen to remind you which is which. I never remember until I am starting at it.

Thats fantastic thank you!!

Im going to send you a PM if thats okay? I wont send it until you say it is ok lol but you have an ASUS board and use some of the hardware I do and it might be easier to ask you what I wanted to know, here in the UK ASUS Tech support is currently non existent and the ASUS Live Chat is in the USA and because of timings for me its a little difficult currently to talk to them :(