most of my system is Corsair

Corsair 570x case

HX1000i PSU

6x HD120 fans 2 are on the H100i V2 AIO

Commander Pro

K55 Keyboard

M65 Pro RGB Mouse

Vengeance RGB Pro 3600 16GB

the fan speed adjusting works when i first start gaming they spin faster when system heats up but randomly the monitoring just freezes looking in ICUE the fans just keep on spinning where it froze usually is while gaming so going at high speed I have to press restart - restart ICUE service for the monitoring to work again and fans adjust properly again

what is causing this ?

Thanks

Maybe look if you don't have another monitoring software running in the background, like HWinfo, HWmonitor etc..

When they try to read corsair sensors, it causes all sorts of troubles with iCue.

Thanks I do use GPUz and RiveTuner will test without them

Neither of those should cause an issue since they don't poll Corsair hardware.

It appears as if iCUE is crashing during gaming. A GPU driver crash or momentary hang will do that, although it's usually noticeable on the user end. You also can try unchecking the SDK option in the iCUE settings if there are any games using it.

Is there any pattern to the games? Only Steam games? Origin? Controller based games?

Neither of those should cause an issue since they don't poll Corsair hardware.

It appears as if iCUE is crashing during gaming. A GPU driver crash or momentary hang will do that, although it's usually noticeable on the user end. You also can try unchecking the SDK option in the iCUE settings if there are any games using it.

Is there any pattern to the games? Only Steam games? Origin? Controller based games?

Not using GPUz or any monitoring software still gives issue , will test with SDK unchecked

AMD would give notification if GPU driver crash

its happened in steam games / epic etc currently playing Rogue Company with Xbox Controller

When I was setting the fan profile I used Intel Burn test to stress the CPU so could monitor the temps and rpm even after 1 hour and never had the same issue

If I cant solve this I will move away from ICUE for Fan control when upgrading to new board will use 3 pin rgb fan and PWN support within the board with splitters and get another brand AIO this problem has been going on for years

Thanks

ICUE just froze doing some stress testing on the CPU did it twice had to restart ICUE

Also in Bios I disabled all the fan control and also tried it on with DC which gives false reading for RPM in icue with PWN it gives proper rpm but still icue freezes

Maybe its my motherboard not compatible ? conflicts wit temp sensor ? Asus VIII Hero

Maybe Reinstalling windows which I dont really want to do

BIOS fan control settings should have no effect on CUE's desktop level operation. Your H100i v2 needs a full 12v and it draws it's power from the header. Make sure it stays at 100%, either on PWM or "Full Speed" in the Q-Fan control.

It's not your motherboard and there are a lot of us using Asus.

Unfortunately, it's not clear what is happening so I don't have a next step to suggest. However, re-installing Windows might be a bit extreme at this point. That's a lot of work without guarantee of success. CUE does appear to be crashing. Go to the Settings and check the box for 'debug logging'. That will capture the crashes and hopefully give you some logs to pass to Corsair.

BIOS fan control settings should have no effect on CUE's desktop level operation. Your H100i v2 needs a full 12v and it draws it's power from the header. Make sure it stays at 100%, either on PWM or "Full Speed" in the Q-Fan control.

It's not your motherboard and there are a lot of us using Asus.

Unfortunately, it's not clear what is happening so I don't have a next step to suggest. However, re-installing Windows might be a bit extreme at this point. That's a lot of work without guarantee of success. CUE does appear to be crashing. Go to the Settings and check the box for 'debug logging'. That will capture the crashes and hopefully give you some logs to pass to Corsair.

So I enabled PWM in Bios for CPU header was set to disabled and also SDK unchecked in icue and its been fine the 3 times Ive played but will test longer

Thanks

"Disabled" was fine. Asus uses two different language terms depending on whether you are in the "E-Z BIOS" or the Advanced BIOS. In the EZ-Bios, locked at 12v is referred to as "full speed". In the Advanced BIOS, it is referred to as disabled. They are the same and linked, so changing one changes the other. PWM effectively does the same thing by forcing it to 12v all the time, but the difference is it's not locked that way. There are other motherboard features that can override it if they are engaged.

Still happening , even moved the connection to another USB internal header dont know what else is left to try been suffering with this issue even since I bought it and this is few years now

when I upgrade next just will move away from using any Corsair products for fan control and get different brand AIO and use onboard connections on motherboard for PWN and RGB control using splitter hubs

"Disabled" was fine. Asus uses two different language terms depending on whether you are in the "E-Z BIOS" or the Advanced BIOS. In the EZ-Bios, locked at 12v is referred to as "full speed". In the Advanced BIOS, it is referred to as disabled. They are the same and linked, so changing one changes the other. PWM effectively does the same thing by forcing it to 12v all the time, but the difference is it's not locked that way. There are other motherboard features that can override it if they are engaged.

I found this

one of the replies

Yeah, eventually the tech support guys decided it was the h100iv2. Ended up doing an rma on it and replaced it with the h100i pro. The problem disappeared and its been working great since. I'm a few versions behind on updating icue though, it's been working so well that I'd hate to update and change that lol.

Also saw few other posts on reddit and what I see in common they also use H100i V2 , Sadly I dont have another CPU cooler I can try so could see if the case fans which are controlled by ICUE still get the issue

So what do I do cant RMA the H100i V2 now can i ?

Edited by uscool

AJNAyuO.jpg

This is so annoying I searched when I first posted about the issue it was in 2018, I didnt game much so didnt annoy me as much now started to game more just is annoying

Close to buying different Brand AIO and go from there and start the move away from ICUE for fan control

Hi, so I took out the H100i V2 AIO and havent had the same issue since the case fans are controlled by ICUE and so far no issues but will test longer to be sure

Looks like some issue with H100i V2

after reading this from another person

Yeah, eventually the tech support guys decided it was the h100iv2. Ended up doing an rma on it and replaced it with the h100i pro. The problem disappeared and its been working great since. I'm a few versions behind on updating icue though, it's been working so well that I'd hate to update and change that lol.

Thanks