Corsair Community

H100i Pro - 0 rpm fans

pk1209

Hi,

Looking for some guidance... I have a h100i pro which is reporting 0 rpm on both fans in icue (see pic). This isn't my build, but I can see that there is a 4pin connector on the CPU_OPT header and a 3pin with 1 cable on the CPU_FAN header... I've shown this in the pic attached...

I have tried setting CPU_FAN to full speed based on some reading here... which does change the fan speed but it still shows as 0rpm in icue, so no fan speed control.

I'm thinking it's something to do with how the headers are connected, but really not sure.

Thoughts?

h100i-pro.png.93097739ab0e1138ac81ca4bf7910ac7.png

icue.PNG.e75f1df9b6d4e419564abf6c1137b341.PNG

nevermind... think i've fixed it!

Turns out the fans were connected directly to the motherboard and not the H100 splitter... interesting build decision...

Probably should have checked that first though...

Edited by pk1209

Also have them move that dummy "1 pin" connector from OPT to CPU_FAN. It doesn't make a difference for cooler function since that line only reports a pump speed to the BIOS. However, 1) you will get a CPU fan boot error if you don't have something there or disable it; and 2) If there is some type of electrical fail on boot, you will get the immediately CPU boot error warning when on CPU fan. If it's on OPT and CPU fan disabled, you will boot into the OS before it becomes apparent and likely a forced shutdown 30 seconds later.

thanks - i worked out the rear exhaust fan is on CPU_FAN, so there is something on that header... all looks to be working OK, but will probably do as you say and move the 3pin to CPU_FAN and move the rear exhaust to a more appropriate header... if I can bring myself to deal with the snakes nest of wires...