Corsair Community

O11 Dynamic XL Front Panel LED Question

Hey guys and gals,

so I would love to play around with my front panel LED strip from the O11 Dynamic XL via Icue. I know that I need a custom made cable like this one from PirateDogTech https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corsair-RGB-to-Aura-Mystic-Light-A-RGB-Adapter/372521827376

Question now is , I do have to set the Lian Li case Hub to get it running? Or is there anyway to just plug the LED strip into it? If its the first one, how will the Mode and Color buttons work when it´s set in Icue.

I know it goes into the commander Pro LED Channel , my only question is will this work even when the Lian Li hub is wired with it.

Ty

30 LEDs on the front strip, so set the iCUE Lighting setup for that channel to RGB Strips (10 LEDs) x 3 to cover the length.

On the front panel, you need to press the top button to cycle through the pre-programmed effects. The very last one before wrapping around is "D-RGB control" that hand off the lighting to whatever is on the other end. In this case that's iCUE. Set the lighting up in iCUE first and set a weird color to make it easier to identify. You can still use the pre-programmed case presets while connected to the LNP/Commander by using the front panel controls.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
30 LEDs on the front strip, so set the iCUE Lighting setup for that channel to RGB Strips (10 LEDs) x 3 to cover the length.

On the front panel, you need to press the top button to cycle through the pre-programmed effects. The very last one before wrapping around is "D-RGB control" that hand off the lighting to whatever is on the other end. In this case that's iCUE. Set the lighting up in iCUE first and set a weird color to make it easier to identify. You can still use the pre-programmed case presets while connected to the LNP/Commander by using the front panel controls.

Hi,

I'm in the process of figuring this same thing out with an XL. I also got the Pirate Dog adapter for the strip. Do I still need to plug in the XL hub's sata connector so it gets power, connect the adapter to the RGB connector, then that to the led channel?

I also intend to use the adapter on an EKWB Quantum Magnitude CPU block and the Reflection distro plate. I'm thinking I'll have to have 2 commander pros (2 led channels from one pro will support the 2 fan led hubs for 9 fans and I'll put 6 pwm connectors on one pro and 3 on another) though and possibly I'll need to use a lighting node pro adapter to get additional led channels.

Any help on this would be fantastic, and sorry if I'm piggybacking on a dead or old thread. I figured it would be useful over starting a new thread.

Thanks!

I'm in the process of figuring this same thing out with an XL. I also got the Pirate Dog adapter for the strip. Do I still need to plug in the XL hub's sata connector so it gets power, connect the adapter to the RGB connector, then that to the led channel?

Yes, correct. This way you still have front panel options as well. The switches on the front will still do the 6 primary RGB colors and the other button does a series of unique presets 1-9. The "passthrough channel" is #10 and that is where you need to be for CUE to be in control. The strip on the XL is 30 LEDs, so in CUE you will set it as RGB Strips x 3 (each Corsair strip is 10).

I can't remember off hand how LEDs are in the EK Mag CPU block -- maybe 20. That can be 2 strips. I believe the distro plate is also 30. You will probably need a separate RGB channel for each of these. That doesn't have to be a Commander Pro. This is what all my old Lighting Node Pros from the fan kits do now and those can be acquired cheaply from the user market.

• Confused 1

Thank you so much for the quick response! I think I understand it now. :) Ended up wasting some dough on splitters and what not but I can reserve those for future builds I'll sell.

I got the second copro anyway and had enough points on my amazon card that it was "free", so no sweat there. jamming all these boxes and cables into the XL is going to be a nightmare though lol I've done a lot of prep management already while I wait for my CableMod cables and the distro plate, so hopefully it won't be TOO bad.

Oh another follow-up. Connecting the USB from 1 copro into the other won't cause any issue to iCue will it? Are those USB ports essentially hubs, so they'll read as 2 pros? Will this make fan and lighting control messy in that I'll have to select each pro separately?

The USB ports on the Commander Pro are literal passthrough ports with no device to device connectivity. Just a route back to the MB bus. However, some more recent AMD MBs (x570, B550, and some 4 series with updates) have issues with chaining the USB devices. Most people on those boards end up with a powered USB hub to make sure the devices stay connected.

The USB ports on the Commander Pro are literal passthrough ports with no device to device connectivity. Just a route back to the MB bus. However, some more recent AMD MBs (x570, B550, and some 4 series with updates) have issues with chaining the USB devices. Most people on those boards end up with a powered USB hub to make sure the devices stay connected.

I've got an internal one from NZXT and it's molex powered, but one would think the pass through on the corsair stuff should work considering each box is sata powered independently already. may be worth connecting both copros to the 2 dark hero usb 2 ports though and then maybe if i need it, pass through connect the lighting node pro into a copro.

The SATA on the Commander is for fan power, lighting, etc. The USB power issue is on the MB end with communication. Regardless, the NZXT hub is the one commonly used when people run into trouble, so you are covered.

The SATA on the Commander is for fan power, lighting, etc. The USB power issue is on the MB end with communication. Regardless, the NZXT hub is the one commonly used when people run into trouble, so you are covered.

Ahh good to know! I think I will use the nzxt thing then if it fits with the rest of the crap. This way I can plug that into the mobo, then the 2 copros and lighting node pro into it.

NZXT has an even better USB 2.0 internal hub now with 4 ports, no type-a, and it's SATA powered. lol. no more molex and it's cable to the mobo has no exposed wires, so now only my front audio will have that, which I'll prob be buying some shrink wrap to cover. Got that from Amazon and it will be here tomorrow with the extra CoPro.

• 2 weeks later...
Got everything wired, minus the Distro plate (haven't received it yet. Is the default lighting for the node pro white? Everything else is rainbow but anything connected to that is white.